The Mets remain hot in Atlanta as they defeated the Braves 6-2 on Friday night. >> Box score
Six things to know about Friday's game …
1) Zack Wheeler had a much better outing this time because he was strong in six innings. He walked a couple in first, but managed to leave only with a marked point. In total, he allowed two runs on six hits and three walks, while eliminating eight in that period.
2) Brandon Nimmo was dropped in order tonight, but he still showed the ball to his stick with a two – run bomb in the center of the field to put the Mets on the board. He seemed more comfortable in eighth place, scoring 3 to 4 with two runs scored and two runs scored.
3) Dom Smith got the start to first base instead of Pete Alonso, who put them wanted to rest with the long road trip ahead. He took the opportunity to stay warm with an evening of two for four with a score and a walk. Smith hits 0.438 on the season so far.
4) Jeff McNeil led for the Mets and went 2-for-5 with two runs scored and one scored. He broke the game in the fourth with his two-point double to score Keon Broxton and Nimmo.
5) With Wheeler in depth, Mickey Callaway had only to deploy Justin Wilson – who had a perfect seventh inning – and Seth Lugo who closed the last two innings allowing a single hit.
6) The Mets have now won three straight games and have gone 7-1 on the road since the beginning of the year.
Video: Brandon Nimmo launches defense of both teams to give Mets a lead
Video: Watch Cano and Conforto hit RBI twice in a row
Video: Jeff McNeil expands the Mets lead with a two-run double
The Mets are trying to win the series against the Braves at 19:20. the Saturday. It will be Jason Vargas against Sean Newcomb.