A man claims that the vape pen left him with third-degree burns after a pocket blast



[ad_1]

WARNING: GRAPHIC IMAGES BELOW

A former smoker whose vape pen would have exploded in his pocket, leaving him severely burned, spoke from his hospital bed to warn others of the potential dangers of the popular device. Bob Allsopp claims that he was walking his dog when his leg suddenly caught fire.

"It was like opening a bottle of pop," said SWNS Allsopp of Leeds, England. "I looked down and all my thigh was on fire."

HEALTH OFFICERS INVESTIGATE RISK OF SEIZURE WITH ELECTRONIC CIGARETTES

Allsopp said his KangerTech e-cigarette was in his pocket, a habit he found in 2015 after looking for ways to stop smoking. He said he noticed that the battery was low and therefore replaced it with another produced by another brand that he had bought on the Internet.

Allsopp said that he had never had problems with his device before, but that he would have used a battery of another brand after its original became weak.

Allsopp said that he had never had problems with his device before, but that he would have used a battery of another brand after its original became weak.
(SWNS)

KangerTech is a China-based company that "strives to make every device 100% safe for its customers". It was not clear if the company was warning against the use of batteries of another brand in its products, but it warns that counterfeit products are sold by third-party vendors. It was not clear where Allsopp had bought his KangerTech device.

KangerTech did not immediately respond to the request for comment.

CDC PUBLISHES NEW "TIPS FROM OLD SMOKERS & # 39;

"I was on fire for about 30 seconds," he told SWNS. "When I got home, I had to tear my jeans and put them out because they were still smoking."

Allsopp said that he was fighting an infection before doctors could plan a skin graft to repair the damage.

Allsopp said that he was fighting an infection before doctors could plan a skin graft to repair the damage.
(SWNS)

He went to the local hospital but was transferred to a burn unit at Pinderfield Hospital, where he stayed more than a week later. Allsopp said he is taking antibiotics in addition to painkillers to treat an infection, then he will undergo a skin graft.

"I have third-degree burns all over my right leg," he told SWNS. "I am completely bedridden and can not stand more than 10 minutes. I can not walk for the moment, I suffer so much. "

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Allsopp said he had always bought the same product and had no problems before, but nurses had told him about other patients with similar trauma.

"I just want to warn people to be extremely cautious," he told SWNS.

[ad_2]
Source link