Home / Sports / A man of identity from the authorities of the Dominican Republic is said to have paid

A man of identity from the authorities of the Dominican Republic is said to have paid



SANTO DOMINGO, Dominican Republic – Dominican authorities on Monday identified the man who, according to them, would have been paid to hit David Ortiz, adding that they were approaching the brain and the motive behind the shooting of the famous rapper who is recovering in a hospital In Boston.

The man was identified as Alberto Miguel Rodriguez Mota, who according to the authorities is a fugitive. The announcement was made while a judge was holding an in camera public hearing for another suspect dubbed "Bone." The officials did not disclose the details, but according to court documents obtained by the Associated Press, the man, whose real name is Gabriel Alexander Perez Vizcaino, is accused of being the link between the suspects and the payer.

The documents indicate that a man jailed for an unrelated affair contacted Perez for the alleged job a week before the shooting on June 9 in a bar in Santo Domingo and sent him a photo of the target to share with the public. hit the men.

Perez reportedly shared the photo with the other suspects as they gathered at a nearby gas station a few minutes before the shooting. Officials did not specify if the photo was Ortiz's.

The documents also indicate that Perez sold a gold-colored iPhone 6 used to plan the attack to a woman for $ 180, in order to get rid of such evidence a day after the shooting. The authorities claimed that the phone was a problem for him and that is why he sold it.

"He did this by finding out that the police were looking for him," the document says.

Perez's lawyer did not comment leaving the courtroom after the hearing as the police took the suspect, who was wearing a red T-shirt, a protective vest, and a police officer. balls and a helmet. He did not talk to reporters.

The 24-year-old suspect is one of ten detainees arrested by the authorities. They are looking for at least two other people mentioned in court documents, including the man accused of paying the suspects.

Ortiz's lawyer, Jose Martinez Hoepelman, said he was satisfied with the state of progress of the investigation.

"Trust the authorities," he said. "They have worked tirelessly to get the results we have achieved so far.We all want more information, but we have to wait."

Police said that the coordinator of the attack had been offered 400,000 Dominican pesos, or about $ 7,800, to orchestrate Ortiz's shooting, known as the Big Papi.

He led the Red Sox to three world championships, was a star player 10 times and hit 541 home runs.

Ortiz lives in Boston but visits the Dominican Republic several times a year.

The doctors removed his gall bladder and part of his intestines before he flew to Boston, where he remained in intensive care at Massachusetts General Hospital.


Source link