Like Google Home, Echo Smart Speakers from Amazon offer ato make your life easier. More than a fun companion, Alexa can check the balance of your bank account, , check the weather and give you .
But did you know that Alexa can even serve you, meditation instructor, virtual nurse and sleeping machine?
Alexa works with tons of formatting apps. It is therefore an excellent physical trainer.
If youAlexa will tell you statistics such as the number of extra steps you need for the day, the deep sleep you had the night before and so much more. Say it:
- "Alexa, ask Fitbit how are you doing today?"
- "Alexa, ask Fitbit how I slept last night."
- "Alexa, ask Fitbit how much water I need to drink today."
thealso syncs with Alexa. Tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, open Motiv Ring"
- "Alexa, ask my statistics at Motiv Ring"
- "Alexa, ask Motiv Ring my heartbeat."
Five-minute training: Core and Cardio
At the limit of time? Say to your echo: "Alexa, open the five-minute workout" and Alexa will guide you through a five-minute routine to get your heart rate up.
Your morning routine
Fitness does not always consist of long distances and heavy weight. I love this Alexa skill because it's something most people need but that is often overlooked. Say, "Alexa, open your morning routine" and she will guide you through a 20-minute stretching session that targets your ankles, your back, your knees and your hips.
You can use Alexa with MyFitnessPal Lite or Premium. Alexa can handle just about anything you would need to open the application on your phone. Try to say:
- "Alexa, open MyFitnessPal."
- "Alexa, ask MyFitnessPal how I am doing today."
- "Alexa, tell MyFitnessPal to record my weight."
If you want to track water only, H20-Pal is a practical skill for Alexa. You can tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, ask H2O-Pal how close I am to reaching my daily goal."
- "Alexa, tell H2O-Pal that I drank eight ounces of water."
Everyday Health Tip of Alexa
This Alexa skill wants you to focus on small wins. Say "Alexa, run Daily Health Tip" and she'll tell you something you should focus on for the day. For example, it may tell you to monitor your salt intake or focus on your goal.
Follow by Nutritionix
With Food Tracker, keeping a food journal is easier than ever. You can record food via voice commands and get information about calories. Try these commands:
- "Alexa, open Food Tracker."
- "Alexa, tell Food Tracker that I had two eggs for breakfast."
- "Alexa, tell Food Tracker to consign a cup of skim milk."
- "Alexa, ask Food Tracker how many calories there are in two slices of wheat toast."
Mindfulness can slip away when you face the daily rush of life. Alexa facilitates the prioritization of your emotional state.
Guided meditation: Meditation of the day for calm
This Alexa skill comes from the developers behind Stop, Breathe & Think, an excellentfor emotional well-being. Tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, open guided meditation."
- "Alexa, ask Guided Meditation to play meditation."
- "Alexa, play next."
Make me smile
This fun Alexa skill illuminates your day with fun and fun facts. Just say, "Alexa, make me smile," and it will tell you something elevating.
Even if you do not subscribe to the paid version of Headspace, you can activate free daily meditations. For more meditations, sign in to your Headspace account. To meditate, tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, tell Headspace that I'm ready to meditate"
- "Alexa, open head space"
If guided meditation does not suit you, you can launch Spa Music to play soothing soundtracks while meditating or relaxing. Just say, "Alexa, play at Spa Music."
Like Google Assistant, the directory of Alexa's personal care orders is restricted. There is an Alexa skill in this category that I like a lot:
Tell Alexa: "Ask my dermatologist what is the UV Index today." It will tell you the index of your zip code and will tell you if you need to wear sunscreen. My dermatologist also offers tips and information on skin care. Tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, ask my dermatologist the tip of my skin."
- "Alexa, tell my dermatologist that I need help."
Look for health care providers, ask about symptoms and alert contacts when you need help to master these Alexa skills.
Ask my boyfriend
This Alexa skill allows you to alert your friends and family when you need help. This is not a substitute for 911, but a great way to ask for help. You can alert one person or the entire network of your personal alert. Say:
- "Alexa, ask my friend to alert mom."
- "Alexa, ask my friend to alert everyone."
Ask My Buddy will then send an SMS, an email or a voice call to your contacts.
WebMD can answer virtually any medical question about your symptoms or condition. Try these commands:
- "Alexa, open WebMD"
- "Alexa asks WebMD what are the side effects of ibuprofen?"
- "Alexa, asks WebMD what is diabetes?"
Another impressive skill of Alexa, Virtual Nurse provides detailed information on medical conditions as well as interesting and fun facts. Tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, open the virtual nurse."
- "Alexa, ask Virtual Nurse what is the normal temperature of a baby."
- "Alexa, ask the virtual nurse what Warfarin does."
If you have, ask Alexa to help you.
Waking up refreshed is a phenomenon that goes beyond your eight hours – waking up at the wrong time in your sleep cycle can make you dizzy, no matter how long you sleep. Sleep Right determines the best time to go to bed and wake up based on sleep cycles.
- "Alexa, ask Sleep Right what time I should go to bed."
- "Alexa, ask Sleep Right to help me get up before 6 o'clock"
Sounds of sleep and relaxation
Alexa has a lot of ambient sound skills, but this particular skill offers over 125 different sounds for you to fall asleep. Tell Alexa:
- "Alexa, open Sleep Sounds."
- "Alexa, play Storm."
- "Alexa, play next."
- "Alexa, set a sleep timer for two hours."