There are several minor changes, such as an update to the Apple News logo, as well as major updates including a new Apple TV Remote design and several major bugfixes. We have introduced all the novelties of the third beta version of iOS 12.2 below.
– Apple TV Remote redesign – The Apple TV Remote has been redesigned with a darker interface, both in the Remote application and in the Control Center.
– Lock the screen charge fix – The second beta release of iOS 12.2 presented a pesky bug that was making the iPhone charge was displayed on the lock screen instead of the date. In beta 3, this has been fixed.
– Apple News logo – In the Apple News app, instead of spelling "Apple News, "Apple uses the symbol" "with the word" News ", similar to Apple Pay.
– About the screen – The interface for displaying information on your iPhone has been updated and reorganized more logically with information such as the model number and serial number at the top, as well as information about the carrier downstairs.
– FaceTime group bug fix – The FaceTime Group bug has been fixed in iOS 12.2 and the FaceTime group is available again for iOS 12.2 users.
– Developer Updates – In addition to iOS 12.2 beta 3, Apple has introduced new resources for developers. Siri Shortcuts design resources are available, as well as new iOS system design templates, Adobe XD Apple Watch design resources, and a SF Compact Rounded font. Developers are now also able to offer subscription discounts more widely through a new API.
Apple has introduced many other changes during the beta testing period, with most of the updates described in our iOS 12.2 tidbits post.
Additional details on iOS 12 can be found in our iOS 12 summary.