Home / Health / An 11-year-old girl dies of an allergic reaction to milk toothpaste

An 11-year-old girl dies of an allergic reaction to milk toothpaste



A family mourns the loss of her 11-year-old daughter who had a fatal allergic reaction to a milk-based toothpaste.

<p class = "canvas-atom web-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Denise Saldate from West Covina, California, was diagnosed with an allergy when she was 1, according to Allergic lifeafter struggling to properly digest breast milk, dairy products or even soy products. "data-reactid =" 32 "> Denise Saldate, of West Covina, Calif., was diagnosed with a milk allergy at 1 year of age, according to Allergic Living, after struggling to properly digest breast milk , dairy products or even soy products.

The parents Monique Altamirano, 43, and Jose Saldate, 43, have received EpiPens, which provides them with adrenaline to stop anaphylaxis, an allergic reaction that can be fatal. They also usually read product and food labels because shrimp, egg white, peanuts and wheat were possible allergens.

"I cried every time I left Denise in the care of someone else because some people did not take the allergies seriously," Altamirano told Yahoo Lifestyle.

However, Denise's parents have always made sure that their daughter feels included. "We packed his specific desserts for birthday parties and worked with his school on the right foods for lunch," Saldate told Yahoo Lifestyle.

<p class = "canvas-atom web-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Altamirano and Saldate had never seen the milk as an ingredient toothpaste, so they allowed him to use & nbsp;MI paste a, medicated toothpaste prescribed by his dentist. "data-reactid =" 40 "> Since Altamirano and Saldate have never seen milk as a toothpaste ingredient, they have allowed him to use MI Paste One, a medicated toothpaste prescribed by his dentist.

"Denise had white spots on her teeth and the toothpaste was supposed to strengthen her enamel," Altamirano told Yahoo Lifestyle. "She was so excited about using her" special "toothpaste."

<p class = "canvas-atom-canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "The family has not seen the printed warnings on the front and back of the tube that the toothpaste contains & nbsp;Recaldent®, a protein derived from milk. "data-reactid =" 42 "> The family has not seen the warnings printed on the front and back of the tube indicating that the toothpaste contains Recaldent, a protein derived from milk.

A Californian family whose daughter died of an allergic reaction using a milk-based toothpaste did not see any warning label on the product. (Photo: Courtesy of Monique Altamirano)

On April 4, while she was brushing her teeth with her 15-year-old sister, Denise left the bathroom crying. "She said she could not breathe and her lips were blue," Altamirano told Yahoo Lifestyle. The mother called 911 and gave her chest compressions, as she learned in her former career as a school bus driver.

Denise died that night. "The toothpaste covered his teeth and gums and cut off oxygen," Altamirano said.

Just two weeks after the death of their daughter, Denise's parents said that awareness was "the only thing that makes sense".

Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm "type =" text "content =" Denise, who has already convinced 200 students to sign a petition for a slime club, launched his own & nbsp;Youtube channeland who dreamed of becoming a veterinarian, news producer and restaurant owner, was a born leader, according to Saldate. "data-reactid =" 66 "> Denise, who has already convinced 200 students to sign a petition for a slime club, ran her own YouTube channel, and who dreamed of becoming a veterinarian, news producer and restaurant owner, was born leader, according to Saldate.

<p class = "web-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "" We can not bring back Denise but we can help others in his name, "Altamirano told Yahoo Lifestyle.The uncle of Denise has created a & nbsp;GoFundMe& nbsp; page, which has since raised more than $ 17,000 in donations, to cover the funeral of the girl. "data-reactid =" 67 ">" We can not bring back Denise, but we can help others on her behalf, "said Altamirano Yahoo Lifestyle: Denise's uncle created a GoFundMe page, which has since raised more than $ 17,000 in donations to cover the funeral of the girl.

"We are very grateful to people who take allergies seriously," Altamirano said. "Denise wanted to change the world, but her way of doing things is heartbreaking."

<p class = "canvas-atom canvas-text Mb (1.0em) Mb (0) – sm Mt (0.8em) – sm" type = "text" content = "Learn more about Yahoo Lifestyle:"data-reactid =" 69 ">Learn more about Yahoo Lifestyle:


Source link