The price of bitcoin fell on Sunday, losing more than 6% in the past 24 hours, but a myriad of other coins registered significant gains on the other hand. Cryptocurrencies like bitcoin cash, ethereum, and monero have all gained in value while bitcoin has seen a decent decline.
** This article has been updated to reflect the recent bitcoin (BTC) price change at 3:33 p.m. EST on Sunday, January 10, 2021.
- Bitcoin (BTC) fell to a low of $ 37,194 on Sunday January 10, 2021, having hit its highest level a day and a half earlier. Currently, BTC is down more than 6.4% and is trading at $ 38,239 per unit in Sunday afternoon (EST) trading sessions.
- On Saturday and Sunday, as BTC consolidated, Ethereum (ETH) climbed to a price of $ 1,340 per coin in 2021. ETH is still up over 4% and is trading on Sunday for $ 1,285 per token.
- Another cryptocurrency that has seen big gains over the weekend is Bitcoin Cash (BCH), which is up 14% today. However, yesterday BCH rose more than 30% and traded at a high of $ 625 per unit in 2021. Bitcoin Cash (BCH) is currently trading for $ 612 per coin and has a market cap of around 11 , $ 2 billion.
- Litecoin (LTC) also performed very well on Saturday, hitting $ 185 per unit and today the coin is trading for 170 per LTC. The LTC crypto asset has only fallen 1% in the past 24 hours and displays a market cap of around $ 11.3 billion on Sunday.
- The market valuation of the monero (XMR) is another strong runner this weekend in terms of earnings. XMR rose to $ 174 per coin and the crypto asset is still up more than 18% on Sunday. Data from market.Bitcoin.com shows that the overall monero market valuation is only $ 3 billion today.
- On Sunday, the top five winners recorded gains of between 40% and 91% and include coins such as stakenet, bitcoin diamond, ethereum classic, ultrain and horizen. The biggest losers on Sunday are appcoins, nexus, navcoin, everex and golem as assets have lost between -19% and -30% in value today.
- After the record BTC price recently pushed the Bitcoin Dominance Index (BDI) to 70%, recent spikes in the value of other coins have pushed BDI to 68%.
- At the time of publication, the entire crypto-market economy is still valued at over US $ 1.03 trillion. The overall market cap is still up more than 7% despite the losses BTC has taken in the past 24 hours.
- ** Update: Since this post published at 2:46 p.m. EST, the price of bitcoin (BTC) has fallen to a low of $ 34,322 per unit. At 3:33 p.m., the price hovers around $ 36,660 per coin. The rest of the crypto economy had also suffered decent percentage losses after BTC slipped below the $ 35,000 range on Sunday.
Check out all the latest real-time cryptocurrency price actions at market.Bitcoin.com.
What do you think of coins that saw big gains as bitcoin prices fell? Let us know what you think of this topic in the comments section below.
Image credits: Shutterstock, Pixabay, Wiki Commons