ATLANTA – Rain and storms are rising Monday in northern Georgia – and others are possible all week.
Violent Weather Team 2 High temperatures grew in the 80's and 90's on Monday afternoon. storms
– Brad Nitz (@BradNitzWSB) June 17, 2019
There is a low risk of a strong or violent storm – the main threat being strong gusts of wind – over the mountains of northern Georgia.
We use the most advanced meteorological technology to show you the areas likely to receive the most rain and strong storms, on Channel 2 Action News
But more Atlanta metropolis will be included in the risk of strong storms for Tuesday.
[DOWNLOAD: WSB-TV’s weather app for severe weather alerts]
In the night, we will have a chance of some scattered showers before more widespread showers and thunderstorms develop on Tuesday. The probability of rain is 60%.
What can only viewers get by watching Channel 2 Action News:
- Forecast updated hour by hour on clouds and rain, indicating the schedule of showers and thunderstorms for the next days
- Weather forecasts and updated risks
- Update of the amount of potential rainfall until the end of the week
- Update of long-term temperature and precipitation forecasts
Tuesday, storms will be strong or strong (risk level 1 of 5) to the Atlanta metro. Expect storms to have heavy rain, frequent lightning, and stronger gusts of wind between 40 and 60 mph.
© 2019 Cox Media Group.