Each practice day of the season, the Kansas City Chiefs issue an official injury report leading up to the next game. the Chefs travel to play Tampa Bay Buccaneers Sunday at 3:25 p.m. Arrowhead time.
Here’s the second official Chiefs injury report of the week:
A few notes
- Wide receiver Sammy Watkins (hamstring) took another step in the right direction on Thursday, as he took part in back-to-back games full practices. Watkins was full wednesday and limited on Thursday headed to the Raiders game last week – and was ultimately ruled out. Watkins hasn’t played since Week 5 but is expected to return against Tampa Bay this weekend.
- Wide receiver Tyreek Hill seemed optimistic about Watkins’ return this time around in his press availability this week: “[Wednesday] in practice, Sammy had a ridiculous grip in practice, and I was like, ‘Yeah, Sammy still has it. I mean, he pretty much knows the whole offense. He’s a hard worker, he’s a veteran of this league, he already knows how to come back. He worked his butt in therapy, during the week off and I’m excited for him. The whole offense is just excited for Sammy to come back. We have to be at full power. We need Sammy, we need Pringle, we need all of us together so Pat can really use his entire arsenal.
- Chiefs cornerback BoPete Keyes (ankle) was added to the injury report on Thursday, but he still practiced fully. His addition likely means he is receiving treatment for a problem with Wednesday’s training.
- Kansas City Chiefs offensive tackle Mitch Schwartz (back) is currently excluded from injury report since the team added him to the injured reserve this weekend. Byron Pringle wide receiver (ankle) was placed on IR on Tuesday.
- The Tampa Bay Buccaneers have three offensive linemen to note on their injury report: left guard Ali Marpet (concussion), who hasn’t played since Week 8, put on two full practices to start the week. AQ center Shipley (neck) and left tackle Donovan Smith (ankle) did not practice for the second day in a row, but Bucs coach Bruce Arians noted that Smith doesn’t miss many matches Wednesday.
- The only change for the Buccaneers from Wednesday to Thursday was backing cornerback and special teams contributor Ryan Smith upgraded from limit at full.
For Wednesday’s Chief Injury Report, click here.