The horrific sequence shows flames burning in what appears to be the public shower area of one of the Californian desert. The fire reportedly began around 2 am, with several witnesses remembering to have heard an explosion. A terrified festival-goer wrote on Twitter: "Coachella just turned into a FEST FEST, the showers broke !!"
Another user said, "Showers at Camping Coachella caught on fire …" Everyone is out of the shower now! – Someone in their towel is running. "
A third shocked witness wrote: "Literally, we have just witnessed a huge fire in the campsites."
The Riverside County Fire Department sent four fire engines to the scene to fight the fire.
He clarified that the fire that had declared in a mobile shower stall in the storage area of lot 8 had been brought under control at 2:30 am and that no wounded had been reported.
He wrote on Twitter: "Fire resistance Mobile shower unit in lot 8, storage area Total of 2 trailers involved 1 damaged, 1 destroyed.
"There have been no reports of injuries to firefighters or civilians. Fire crews will remain on site for one hour for review. #Coachella. "
Coachella is one of the biggest music festivals of the calendar and hosts several renowned artists every year.
Attendees at the opening night included Kendall Jenner, 23, and Justin Bieber's wife, 22-year-old Hailey Baldwin.
The first day saw the 1975, Janelle Monae and DJ Snake get to the Coachella scene
During the evening, RnB star Childish Gambino made headlines.
The Valley Music And Arts Festival weekend, taking place in the city of Indio, in southern California, about 127 km east of Los Angeles, continues Saturday and Sunday.
While the second weekend runs from 19 to 21 April.
The famous festival usually attracts around 250,000 spectators over the two weekends.