Alabama and Georgia will play the SEC league match on Saturday 2018. The coup de send is scheduled for 16 hours. AND inside the Mercedes-Benz stadium in Atlanta. You can watch the match on CBS.
Many believe that Alabama, No. 1 (12-0), has already secured a place in the playoffs.
But Notre Dame (12-0) and Clemson (12-0) are likely to be playoffs, and Georgia (11-1) should participate if she wins Saturday.
Thus, a Crimson Tide defeat would put the college football playoff committee in an uncomfortable position, especially if Oklahoma and Ohio State won their respective conferences.
Alabama-Georgia could also be one of the best games of the season, including the playoffs. Georgia is ranked No. 3 in power behind Alabama and Clemson. The Bulldogs play well and could be the toughest challenge for Tide, still undefeated, before a fourth consecutive game in college football against the Tigers of ACC.
According to the action network, Thursday night, Alabama-Georgia was the most wagered college football game of the week.
Consensus line (November 29): Alabama -13.5
Total consensus (November 29): 63.5
How can Alabama win: With the exception of the Mississippi State game, the Tide Offensive Line did a great job protecting Tua Tagovailoa. This must continue against a team from Georgia who must blitz to put pressure on the opponents quarterbacks.
How Georgia can win: The Bulldogs are excellent for limiting explosive passes. Georgia is able to force Alabama to organize long patient campaigns. Its excellent field must also crack long rushes, which the Alabama allows for the occasion. Georgia also has a distinct advantage for the special teams.
Here are some additional nuggets:
- Alabama has never been a two-digit favorite over Georgia since the start of keeping modern game registers in the mid-1980s.
- Nick Saban has been a monster against the gap, but his Alabama teams only have a 3-3 record against the league in SEC league games .
- Kirby Smart is 4-0 against the playoff gap in Georgia.
- This game should set a record for the highest / lowest in the history of SEC title games. Auburn-South Carolina (2001) holds the current record with a closing total in Vegas of 61.
ALABAMA CRIMSON TIDE
On under: 8/4
Medium line: -30.8
Total average bets61.0
When you win your first 12 games with 22 points as the reigning national champion, you tend to be a big favorite all season. Alabama (-14.5 at LSU) has been favored by less than three touchdowns just another time this season, according to the latest issue of the Westgate SuperBook.
NCAA F +/-: N ° 1
Offensive points by possession: N ° 2
Defensive points by possession: N ° 1
SOS: N ° 35
Do not look now, but the Alabama calendar should be close to the Top 25 after playing in Georgia this week.
- DL Isaiah Buggs (hyperextended knee) is exercised. He returned to the Iron Bowl after suffering a knee injury last week, but did not seem 100%. The show reported that he had tried three different knee pads on the sideline. He is an important figure in Alabama's defensive lineup since he leads the team with 9.5 sacks.
- DB Jared Mayden, the sixth return of the Alabama pennies group, will miss the first half due to a call for targeting. Keaton Anderson should replace him until half-time.
- Alabama has several players who have probably suffered injuries at the end of the season and remain absent: LB Terrell Lewis, Christopher Allen LB, Daniel Wright DB, DB Trevon Diggs and TE Kendrick James.
Coaching / QBs
|Nick Saban||12th||139-20||80-13||6 National Championships (5 in Alabama), 7 SEC Championships (5 in Alabama), 4x SEC Coach (3 in Alabama)|
Saban is 7-3 at the SEC championships of his career. Saban remains undefeated against his former assistants, although Kirby Smart is closest to Alabama's last national championship game in overtime. Steve Spurrier (5 SEC titles) is the only other coach to have won more than two SEC championship games.
Tagovailoa is a big favorite to win the Heisman Trophy. This is the last match before the ceremony. If there are late voters, and Kyler Murray of Oklahoma wants a chance, he must defeat Texas and hope Tagovailoa will have a terrible appearance by losing against Georgia. Tagovailoa looked healthier in the last two games after suffering and aggravating a knee injury in the middle of the season.
BULLDOGS IN GEORGIA
On under: 7/4 (1 push)
Average line: -19.8
Total average bets: 54.9
Georgia is no longer an outsider since its match against Alabama in last year's national title game. The last non-Bama team to be favored against Georgia? Notre Dame at home on September 9, 2017, during the first departure of Jake Fromm. The Bulldogs covered the gap in both games and won the win at South Bend.
NCAA F +/-: N ° 2
Offensive points by possession: n ° 3
Defensive points by possession: N ° 21
SOS: N ° 33
F +/- is what most people consider to be the two best and most comprehensive analytical rankings in college football. Georgia ranks second behind Alabama. We can say that the title of the SEC presents the two best teams in the country this season.
- LB Monty Rice (foot) missed the last two games. The second Georgia tackler could play against Alabama or not and struggled to regain form this week. LB Robert Beal is also unlikely to play.
- G Ben Cleveland is still coming back from a leg injury. He's been training with the second team's attack this week. It is unlikely that G Cade Mays (shoulder) is playing too. OL Kendall Baker (knee) is also absent.
- DT DaQuan Hawkins-Muckle has resumed training after missing the last seven games due to an injury. He can play against Alabama.
- RB Zamir White, Bishop DB Tray, SS Jarvis Wilson, DE Justin Young and DB Ameer are also absent, and DB Divaad Wilson is debatable.
Coaching / QBs
|Kirby Smart||3rd||32-8||18-6||1 SEC championship, 1 SEC coach of the year|
The almost national championship of last year made a strong statement. Georgia then sealed one of the best classes in the modern recruitment era, according to the 247Sports composite ranking, far outstripping Saban and Alabama. This class, followed by another participation in a SEC championship game, should signal to Alabama and the rest of the conference that this UGA program will be a driving force for years to come.
Georgia is the SEC's best rival of the Saban Alabama teams since Urban Meyer and Tim Tebow in Florida. (I think this UGA program is even more of a threat than the peak LSU during the Miles era.)
Fromm launched two of his five interceptions in the LSU loss and had 19 yards rushing in the game. Georgia abandoned the race after falling behind LSU early.
It's no coincidence that Fromm is playing his best football since running back Andre Swift became healthy.
THE PREDICTION OF LOCKSMITH
Bet: Georgia +13.5
Goal: Alabama 33, Georgia 24
We all wondered before this season. What would an Alabama team lead by Nick Saban look like with one of the best quarterbacks in the country?
The answer is special all the time. But the legacy of this team rests on the victory of his next three games.
In my national rankings, Clemson is No. 2, Georgia, No. 3, Oklahoma, No. 5 and Ohio State, No. 6. Assuming that Alabama wins on Saturday, he will get the top of the overall standings. , probably against Oklahoma or Ohio State.
In other words, even if we get Alabama-Clemson at the national championship, it's at least the second toughest opponent to face. Georgia's defense can stop the big games and her half-breeds can come off for a few long races. And Saban must avoid entering a single place placement contest with Rodrigo Blankenship, from the other sideline.
LSU, Mississippi State and Missouri were good teams. But it is the most prolific offense that Alabama has faced this season. Georgia will not have ten points or less, unlike those three opponents.
I'll be a little surprised if Georgia wins. But I'm waiting for Alabama to win every game by more than 20 points ends Saturday.
Christopher Smith is a professional handicapper. He is the founder of Sports locksmith and also works full time for MyBookie in Costa Rica.