D.C. United defeated a Colorado Rapids quick goal by scoring three goals in eight minutes just before the half and then went 3-2 on the road Saturday night at Dick's Sporting Goods Park.
Benny Feilhaber gave the home side a goal after 11 minutes into the game, finishing off at the last post. The advance lasted 25 minutes, then the wheels fell.
Luciano Acosta scored United's first goal and midfielder Chris Durkin, who made his debut in the year, giving United the advantage a few minutes later. Lucas Rodriguez then crossed the Colorado defense to give United a 3-1 lead at the break.
The Rapids played one game in the second half when Kei Kamara had one, but in the end, D.C. held on for the win, leaving Colorado without a win in the first seven games of the season.
- 11 & # 39; – COL – Benny Feilhaber (Paul Arriola) | WATCH
- 35 – DC – Luciano Acosta | WATCH
- 38 – DC – Chris Durkin | WATCH
- 43 – DC – Lucas Rodriguez | WATCH
- 66 – COL – Kei Kamara | WATCH
- THE GREAT IMAGE: DC was expected to win, and they did, now 2-0-1 on the road and knowing that they will be at the top of the East during the weekends -end. Colorado did not win with its seven goals for the first time in its history, and it was the third consecutive game – and the fourth in the young season – in which they gave up three goals or more.
- MOMENT OF THE GAME: The goal of Acosta had DC on the board, but Chris Durkin turned out to be the hit that hit Colorado in:
– Major League Soccer (@MLS) April 14, 2019
- MAN OF THE GAME: With the exception of this eight-minute period, Colorado played a solid game. Difficult to give the assent to the losing team, so it was Lucas Rodriguez who created Durkin, then his fantastic goal.
- COLLAR: Saturday, April 20th at Chicago Fire (1 pm ET | MLS LIVE on ESPN + in the US, DAZN in Canada)
- DC: Sunday April 21 vs NYCFC (4 pm ET | ESPN; DAZN in Canada)