The products concerned are:
- 45 ounce tomatoes, garlic and onions, dated June 6, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onions, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onion, dated June 6, 2020, expiration date
- Traditional 66 ounce old world style, dated June 4, 2020, expiry date
- Old-fashioned 66-ounce meat, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
The sauces, produced earlier this month, were distributed nationally, the company said.
Customers may also contact Mizkan America for a replacement coupon and for all sauces to be picked up for further examination, the company said.
America mizkan of Mt. Prospect, in Illinois, is a subsidiary of the Japanese company Mizkan, specializing in vinegars, sauces, mustards and vinaigrettes. The Mizkan group bought Ragú and Bertolli in 2014 for 2.15 billion dollars.