While booty fans wonder who to play, remember that Destiny 2 is as good as ever, and it just gets better.
Tuesday, Bungie will be out Destiny 2This is the first big update since Activision's divorce, two months ago, as the game enters the Drifter Season. If you have the Destiny 2 Annual pass, you'll get a host of new content and quests on the theme Gambit. If you do not, you'll still have some cool stuff, like Gambit private matches and even a new exotic quest. This Bungie guide is very useful:
For a good summary of everything that's going to happen, take a look at this new eight-minute hype video released by Bungie today:
If you do not want to see everything, here's a quick summary:
- Gambit Prime is a new variant of Gambit that seems to be a much more intense version of PvEvP. This is a turn instead of three, and allows invading players not only to kill their opponents, but also to steal their appearances, preventing them from progressing. In addition, the final boss will have raid-type mechanisms that will require your team to do a lot more than shoot.
- There is also a new Gambit-related EVP activity called Reckoning, which we do not know much about yet. A dev Bungie compared parts of it to the Crota raid Destiny 1. It looks wild, and it will give you rewards that you can then use in Gambit Prime.
- In Reckoning, you can get special Gambit themed armor based on specific roles: Reaper, Collector, Sentry and Invader. Each of these armors will have benefits tailored to a specific gambit gaming style, which is a totally new (and very cool) concept in destiny.
- As a catch-up mechanic, you'll be able to make special bonuses to quickly reach the 640 power level (probably what you need for Reckoning) if you're not already there.
- A quest called Allegiance will allow you to choose a camp, the Vanguard or the Drifter, and advance your version of Destiny 2It is the story accordingly. We will also start receiving Invitations of the Nine, bonuses offering "an exploration of the Nine and their mysterious place in the universe".
Also, Thorn is coming back, so get ready for the PvP to be filled with POISON.