NOVATO (KRON) – While the rain has subsided on Wednesday in North Bay, near the rivers Russian and Napa, scattered showers are still expected throughout the day in the Bay Area.
Major closures of roads / highways
Highway 37 between 101 and Atherton in Novato is closed in both directions Wednesday due to flooding, according to CHP.
At the present time, there is no estimated time of reopening.
This same area was closed due to a flood caused by a storm a few weeks ago.
According to CHP, the two EB / WB Hwy 128 roads ahead of Shear Road in Cloverdale / Sonoma County are also closed due to a landslide.
In East Bay, both directions from Ygancio Valley Road to Walnut Creek are closed between Walnut Boulevard and N. Civic Drive, while crews work to clear a tree and several power lines. This area of Walnut Creek could reopen by noon, according to authorities.
School / District Closures
- Alexander Valley Union School District
- Cloverdale Unified School District
- El Molino High School (West Sonoma County Union High School District)
- Forestville Union School District
- Guerneville School District
- Geyserville Unified School District
- Harmony Union School District
- Healdsburg Unified School District
- Monte Rio School District
- Montgomery Elementary School District
- Oak Grove Union School District
- Middle School of the West County Charter (West Sonoma County Union High School District
- West Side Union School District
The major storm also causes several power outages in the Bay Area.
At 11 am, PG & E estimates that over 7,000 customers are without electricity in the following areas:
- North Bay: 5,426
- East Bay: 1,418
- South Bay: 234
- Peninsula: 215
- San Francisco: 1
The atmospheric river brought strong winds and heavy rains to the Bay Area.
The National Weather Station region has published the totals for maximum wind and wind gusts:
WHAT OTHERS CLICK ON:
>> MORE STORIES