Kyle Kashuv, a conservative Parkland survivor and second-amendment activist, said Harvard had canceled his admission after the recent questioning of long-held statements, which he described as "offensive" , "idiotic" and "dirty" "inflammatory", but compounded before mass shooting – which he says makes him a different person.
The 18-year-old revealed the cancellation on Twitter on Monday, as well as screenshots of letters that appeared to be written on Harvard letterhead. He also detailed the steps he says he took to "rectify what's wrong" with the Ivy League school, which he had planned to attend in 2020 after a sabbatical year.
KYLE KASHUV, SURVIVOR OF THE PARKLAND SURVIVAL, EMERGING AS A CONSERVATIVE ROLE MODEL, CHAMPION OF THE SECOND AMENDMENT
Harvard officials told Fox News that they were not publicly commenting on the status of applications, but Kashuv published what he said was the letter Harvard sent him, dated June 3rd.
"The Admissions Committee has discussed at length your record of the communications we have requested and we are grateful for your frankness and your expressions or regrets for sending them," reads the letter. "As you know, the committee takes seriously the qualities of maturity and morality.After careful consideration, the committee voted in favor of the cancellation of your admission to Harvard College."
Kashuv apologized publicly and to Harvard last month after being accused of making racist remarks and used insults while he was a student at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, in Florida, before becoming a prominent figure in the media.
10 exciting litigations on freedom of speech between students, faculties and administrators
He said that the remarks were made "long before the shooting" in a school that had killed 17 people in February 2017, and that his friends at the time were "teenagers" of 16 years making idiotic comments, using insensitive and inflammatory language. an effort to be as extreme and shocking as possible. "The comments would have been made in a Google document shared by several friends.
In a letter sent to Twitter by Kashuv, Harvard contacted him on May 24, stating that they had the right to cancel the admission offers and ask for "a full account of such statements." that you have written "and a written explanation of his actions.
Kashuv responded with a letter, apologizing for his comments, and stated that he assumed responsibility for the "hurtful things I wrote two years ago".
"My intention was never to hurt anyone, and that would have amplified the harm immediately," he wrote. "I also think I'm no longer the same person, especially as a result of the Parkland shooting and everything that has happened since."
OFFICER OF RESOURCES OF FLORIDA WHO IS NOT ENTERING SCHOOL DURING TURNING OF MASSACRE ARRÊTÉ
Once he received his dismissal, Kashuv stated that he had requested a meeting in person to discuss what had happened, what he refused to do at Harvard .
"Harvard is deeply concerned about deciding that no one can grow up, especially after an event that has disrupted life, such as filming." "If an institution needs to understand growth, it's Harvard, considered the pinnacle of higher education despite its jagged past."
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Kashuv said that he had spent "huge scholarships to go to Harvard" and that he did not know what he was going to do in the future because "the deadline for doing this is". acceptance of the other college offers has expired.
"I really do not know what will happen," he told Fox News on Monday. "But I keep all my options open."