Recently, Apple has introduced a handful of new models in the iPhone X range. The original iPhone X, released in 2017, is no longer offered directly by Apple (although you can buy it from operators and a large number of third-party retailers).
In addition to the iPhone X, you now have the choice between three other models: the iPhone XR, the iPhone XS and the iPhone XS Max.
The main features of the iPhone X
The iPhone X has launched the redesign of the iPhone. This model has introduced features that are now common to all other X-Line handsets – the edge-to-edge display with almost no visible frame is the most obvious design element.
But he also replaced Touch ID with Face ID, which created the notorious screen: the screen is interrupted at the top with a cutout for various cameras and sensors.
Because of its almost no-bezel design, the iPhone X incorporates a 5.8-inch display in a handset barely larger than the screen itself. It has two 12 megapixel cameras (wide-angle and telephoto).
The main differences between iPhone X models
All other iPhone models are variants (and enhancements) of the iPhone X. The latest models of the iPhone X have a faster processor and a faster wireless charge. But here are the main differences:
- The iPhone XR is supposed to be the most affordable model of the iPhone X family. The display is not as sophisticated; it does not have an OLED screen like all other models of iPhone X. Its slightly larger screen (6.1 inches) than the basic X is offered in a variety of colors (blue, white black, yellow, coral and red). It lacks two wide-angle and telephoto cameras, but otherwise, the cameras and most of the hardware are identical to the iPhone XS.
- The iPhone XS is a limited upgrade on the iPhone X; It has the same screen size as the original iPhone as well as both cameras. It also enjoys a slightly higher water resistance.
- The iPhone XS Max is an oversized version of the iPhone XS, much like the iPhone 7 Plus is a larger version of the iPhone 7. It has a screen 6.5 inches and a longer battery life, thanks to larger frame.
How much does each model of iPhone X cost?
The iPhone X being more sold by Apple, its price varies depending on the retailer or the carrier. On Amazon, you can find the iPhone X 64GB for around 640 USD and the 256GB model for around 730 USD.
The iPhone XR is available in three storage capacities:
- iPhone XR with 64GB costs $ 749
- iPhone XR with 128GB costs $ 799
- iPhone XR with 256GB costs $ 899
The iPhone XS is also available in three varieties:
- The iPhone XS with 64GB costs $ 999
- The iPhone XS with 256GB costs $ 1149
- The iPhone XS with 512GB costs $ 1349
The iPhone XS Max is also available in the same three capacities, but each is slightly more expensive because of its larger screen:
- iPhone XS Max 64GB costs $ 1099
- iPhone XS Max with 256GB costs $ 1249
- iPhone XS Max with 512GB costs $ 1449