"In the next two years, I think we will reduce our capacity, our revenues will be down about $ 30 billion from the forecast, so our turnover will be about 100 billions of dollars this year and next year, "said Monday Ren Zhengfei. a round table at Huawei headquarters in Shenzhen.
The troubled Chinese technology company has become a turning point in the US-China trade war. The Trump administration dealt a blow on May 16, adding Huawei to a blacklist prohibiting US companies from selling their technology without first obtaining a license.
Huawei has become the world's largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment and the second-largest smartphone brand, although it has been shut out of the US market for nearly 10 years.
But only four weeks on the blacklist of American exchanges hit hard society, harming its smartphone business and eroding its dominance in 5G equipment.
So far this year, sales of smartphones units abroad have "dropped by 40%," said Ren.
Mobile networks in countries like Japan and the United Kingdom have delayed the launch of Huawei smartphones, and companies such as Google (GOOGL) and Facebook (FB) were forced to suspend access to some of their services from the Chinese firm's new appliances.
This is a story in development.