Judge states that 6-year-old child of Aaron Hernandez can not sue the NFL for suffering from a brain disease



[ad_1]

The 6-year-old daughter of the late NFL player Aaron Hernandez missed a 2014 deadline to withdraw from league regulation and can not pursue a separate $ 20 million lawsuit for her diagnosis of degenerative brain disease , ruled a judge. Hernandez's death in 2017 came too late for his family to claim up to $ 4 million in compensation for chronic traumatic encephalopathy suicides as part of the settlement of the class action lawsuit. Hernandez spent three years with the New England Patriots before his arrest in 2013, the first of three homicides. charges. The Patriots ended his $ 40 million contract and he never returned to the NFL.U.S. District Judge Anita Brody of Philadelphia – where the lawsuits were consolidated, alleging that the NFL had hidden what she knew about the risk of concussion injuries – said Thursday that he was indeed retired and therefore , with his family, bound by the NFL Retirees Class Action Settlement. Under the terms of the concussion settlement, the judge said: "The crux of the matter is whether Hernandez was" looking for active employment "as an NFL football player on July 7 2014. He was not there at that time, Hernandez had been jailed – without bail – for almost a year. "Family lawyer Brad Sohn asserted that Hernandez was not going to be there. had not retired, but hoped to be exonerated and return to the league. His daughter, said Sohn, should therefore be able to continue his action for "loss of consortium" in his home state, Massachusetts. "Anything that says about Aaron Hernandez, she will have to live with the fact that she does not." has no parent for the rest of his life, "said Sohn on Friday." We maintain that the NFL is responsible for the damages it suffered as a result of its CTE. "Hernandez was convicted in the first Homicide case in 2015 but acquitted of a double unlawful homicide in April 2017. He lost his life a few days later in jail.His conviction was later quashed because he was The doctors eventually found that Hernandez, 27, had advanced the CTE to a level never seen before at anyone such a youngster.Sohn in his record, called Hernandez "has generational talent" but stated that he "entered the NFL in 2010, though (and everyone knows it well), he had been the subject of An investigation for links with a brutal shootout of 2007. The NFL did not care and let it play. "The girl The child of Hernandez's fiancée, Shayanna Jenkins, is involved in the lawsuit." AH, a child, did not commit any crime, nor asked to be born in such tragic circumstances, " wrote Sohn.

The 6-year-old daughter of the late NFL player Aaron Hernandez missed a 2014 deadline to withdraw from the League's regulation against concussions and could not pursue separately a $ 20 million lawsuit for his diagnosis of degenerative brain disease, ruled a judge.

Still, Hernandez's death in 2017 came too late for his family to claim up to $ 4 million in compensation for chronic traumatic encephalopathy suicides as part of the class action settlement.

Hernandez spent three years with the New England Patriots before his arrest in 2013 on the first of three homicide charges. The Patriots ended his $ 40 million contract and he never returned to the NFL.

US District Judge Anita Brody in Philadelphia – where the lawsuits were bundled, alleging that the NFL had hidden everything she knew about the risk of concussion injury – decided Thursday that it was effectively retired and therefore, with his family, bound by the NFL Pensioners' Class Action Settlement.

Under the terms of the concussion settlement, the judge said: "The crux of the matter is whether Hernandez was" looking for active employment "as an NFL football player on July 7 2014. He was not there at that time, Hernandez had been imprisoned – without bail – for almost a year. "

Family Lawyer Brad Sohn said that Mr. Hernandez had not retired, but hoped to be exonerated and return to the league. His daughter, said Sohn, should therefore be able to pursue his lawsuit for "loss of consortium" in his home state, Massachusetts.

"No matter what anyone will say about Aaron Hernandez, she will have to live with the fact that she has no parent for the rest of her life," she said. Sohn friday. "We maintain that the NFL is responsible for the damage it has suffered as a result of its CTE."

Hernandez was convicted in the first homicide case in 2015, but acquitted of an unrelated double homicide in April 2017. He committed suicide several days later in prison. His conviction was later quashed because he died before exhausting his appeals.

The doctors later found that 27-year-old Hernandez had an advanced CTE at a level never seen before in such a young person.

Sohn, in a memoir in the case, called Hernandez "generational talent" but said that he had entered the NFL in 2010, even though (and everyone knows full well) he had done the subject of an investigation for links with a brutal shootout of 2007. The NFL did not pay attention to it and let it play. "

The girl involved in the lawsuit is the child of Hernandez's fiancée, Shayanna Jenkins.

"A.H., a child, has not committed any crime or asked to be born in such tragic circumstances," Sohn wrote.

Alert me

[ad_2]
Source link