Home / Entertainment / Mario Batali is the subject of criminal charges in an alleged incident in Boston

Mario Batali is the subject of criminal charges in an alleged incident in Boston



Batali faces indecent assault and battery charges following alleged March 31, 2017 incident in Boston back-office restaurant, Suffolk County Attorney's Office said Wednesday .

The famous chief is scheduled to appear in Boston's municipal court on Friday, the Suffolk County Attorney's Office announced.

The law firm representing Batali could not be reached immediately on Wednesday night.

The Suffolk County Attorney's Office has not disclosed the name of the accuser in this case, but the facts are consistent with the details of a lawsuit filed in 2018 by a woman from the area of Boston.

Mario Batali sued by a woman who claims to have fumbled
CNN had previously reported a lawsuit filed in Batali by Natali Tene, a woman from the Boston area, claiming that Batali had rubbed her chest at the Back Bay neighborhood's restaurant in 2017, had kissed her several times times, had groped her buttocks and groin after spotting. according to the complaint, she took pictures of him and offered to take a selfie with her.

"Batali's actions were without warning or permission, unwanted and disgusting and made Ms. Tene upset and extremely uncomfortable," the complaint said.

Tene has asked for damages "at an amount determined by the court".

Tene's lawyer could not be reached immediately on Wednesday night.

In December 2017, the Eater restaurant information website published a report in which four anonymous women, some of whom were working for Batali, claimed that the boss had improperly touched them "in a behavior that seems to last at least two years. decades. "

Batali later stated in a statement to CNN that he was "deeply sorry" and apologized "to the people that I abused and injured him".

In a later statement to CNN, Batali said that he was "deeply sorry" and apologized "to the people that I abused and hurt him".

"This behavior was bad and there is no excuse," he said.

Batali left his day series on ABC "The Chew" in light of the allegations. The food network has also ended its plans to bring Batali back to its programming.
Batali's restaurant group ended its partnership with him in May 2018 after allegations of sexual misconduct prompted a police investigation.

Darran Simon and Sandra Gonzalez of CNN contributed to this report.


Source link