LANSING, MI – The Mega Millions jackpot continues to grow as there was no jackpot winner of $ 339 million for the draw held on Friday, May 17th.
This means that the draw on Tuesday May 21st will be $ 367 million with an option of $ 228 million in cash.
The Mega Millions figures of May 17th: 5-17-28-32-63
The Mega Ball Gold: 11
The megaplier: 3
The winners of the Mega Millions of May 17th:
· Although there was no grand prize winner, three players matched the five white numbers to win a million dollars. These tickets were sold in Main, Missouri and Texas.
· However, none of these players also played the Megaplier option, which would have raised their earnings to $ 3 million.
· In Michigan, two tickets sold yielded $ 1,500. It was the biggest prize won in the state.
· There were 418,180 tickets sold that earned at least $ 4 in the draw. In Michigan, 16,302 tickets sold yielded at least $ 4.
The drawings of Mega Millions take place on Tuesday and Friday at 23h. Five bullets are drawn from a set of bullets numbered from 1 to 70; the Mega Ball is drawn from a set of balls numbered from 1 to 25. The odds of winning the jackpot are 1 in 302 million.
Mega Millions is played in 44 states, plus the District of Columbia and the Virgin Islands. Tickets cost $ 2 each.
In other news from Michigan Lottery:
· The next Powerball draw will take place Saturday night, May 18th, with a jackpot estimated at $ 270 million and a cash option of $ 168.8 million.
· The next Lotto 47 draw will take place Saturday evening, May 18th at 19:29. with a jackpot of $ 6.3 million. The deadline is 19:08. That day.
Saturday's Fantasy 5 jackpot is estimated at $ 151,000. The drawing is at 19:29 The deadline is set at 19:08.
To learn more about the Michigan Lottery, check out the official Michigan Lottery website, which also offers more information on instant tickets, raffles and other lottery games.
The draw comes two weeks after Thomas Heckman came forward to claim a million dollar winning ticket, the Mega Millions.
Heckman won his award just days after a woman from Genesee County earned $ 4 million playing a lottery ticket. The 60-year-old winner had actually won $ 2,000 last month while playing the same game.
His victory was announced just a day after a Lansing man claimed a million dollar prize. He was so shocked by his victory that he thought he was caught for a joke in the beginning.
These two winners are just two of the few big winners in recent weeks. In March, a Wayne County woman claimed a $ 4 million instant win ticket. The 28-year-old said she was dreaming of winning a $ 4 million lottery prize just months before her big win.
The last Michigan players to win a Mega Millions or Powerball jackpot were Kevin and Stephanie Blake of Waterford, who spent $ 21 million after dividing a $ 42 million jackpot on October 13, 2017. Kevin picked the winning numbers by combining birthdays of families. After winning, the couple declared that he would not retire and continue to work.
And although they have been the lucky winners, it is wise for players to immediately check their tickets. Indeed, a million dollar winner sold to Ypsilanti last year was not claimed. The ticket was purchased at the CVS at Ypsilanti, but the winner never showed up to claim the prize. The money was instead donated to the state's school aid fund.
Speaking to introduce itself, last year's $ 1.5 billion jackpot winner, Mega Millions, was finally announced last month. The identity of the winner has not been revealed, however, because the player is from South Carolina, a state that allows winners to hide their identity when they claim a jackpot.
If you want to be the next Michigan player to win a huge lottery prize, take a look at these tips from lottery expert Richard Lustig. The author of "Learn How to Increase Your Chance to Win the Lottery" has won more than a million dollars in Florida by winning the highest jackpot prize in smaller games.