The latest box office report is available and Men in Black: International, the biggest novelty of the weekend, won the weekend, but the commercial disappointment was general.
The benefits of Chris Hemsworth and Tessa Thompson have never been better than previous films. According to the box office figures of Entertainment Weekly, he made about $ 28.5 million in the US and Canada for his opening weekend.
That's less than the $ 52.1 million that the last movie Men in Black II had made when it opened in 2002. The original Men in Black movie of 1997 brought in $ 51 million over its weekend d & # 39; opening. These films featured Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones in lead roles.
Men in Black International was generally a failure for critics, and the CinemaScore ranking of people who saw it in the movie theaters was only a B. In the journal Men in Black International's GameSpot, Chris Hayner wrote that the film is "mediocre and unimaginative".
June 14-16 Box Office Canada / United States
- Men in Black: International – $ 28.5 million
- The secret life of pets 2: $ 23.8 million
- Aladdin – $ 16.7 million
- Dark Phoenix – $ 9 Million
- Rocketman – $ 8.8 million
- Shaft – $ 8.3 million
- Godzilla: The King of Monsters – $ 8.1 Million
- John Wick: Chapter 3 – Parabellum – $ 6.1 Million
- Late Night – $ 5.1 million
- Ma – $ 3.6 million