Ezequiel Barco came on the bench to score his first MLS double to lead Atlanta to his first regular season win of the season, beating the New England Revolution 2-0 on Saturday night at Gillette Stadium.
Barco replaced Eric Remedi in the 15th minute after the Argentinian came up against Luis Caicedo.
The visitors took advantage just before the half-hour mark when Hector Villalba beat Andrew Farrell to the end and sent the ball back to Barco, who tapped.
Barco had his duel 20 minutes later, pursuing and setting up a Villalba service before unleashing a sensational curling attempt just inside the penalty area, to double the lead of Five Stripes.
If it was not for Farrell's defense of last resort, the score would have been more unbalanced.
- 29 – ATL – Ezequiel Barco | WATCH
- 49 – ATL – Ezequiel Barco | WATCH
- THE GREAT IMAGE: It took a lot longer than expected, but the defending champions of the MLS Cup finally won their first win of the 2019 regular season after two losses and two draws in their first four games. After taking a step forward with a crushing 2-1 win over Minnesota United, the Revs took two steps backwards with consecutive losses without scoring a goal.
- MOMENT OF THE GAME: Barco sealed the match with this superb golazo.
Fold it like Barco. pic.twitter.com/MMlY9A8K9W
– Major League Soccer (@MLS) April 14, 2019
- MAN OF THE GAME: Although Frank de Boer has been widely criticized in his first Atlanta games, it seems Barco has benefited from the coaching change or may be more comfortable in second year. three games – one less than his 26 appearances under Tata Martino in 2018.
- BORN: Saturday, April 20 against the New York Red Bulls (7:30 pm ET on ESPN + in the United States, DAZN in Canada)
- ATL: Saturday, April 20 against FC Dallas (4 pm ET | ESPN, MLS LIVE on DAZN in Canada)