Developer Ember Lab has rolled out Kena Bridge of Spirits patch 1.06 to PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5.
Another hotfix for Kena has been rolled out to all platforms, fixing some additional issues and allowing PC players to remap motion keys. Additionally, this new update makes the Parry Counterattack easier to perform and contains a fix for lost karma. According to the development team, missing Karma save files will be fixed after downloading and applying this new patch. You can find the official release notes below:
Kena Bridge of Spirits PC / PS5 / PS4 patch 1.06 patch notes
- Added ability to remap motion keys (PC only).
- Correction implemented for Lost Karma. Missing Karma save files will be fixed after downloading the patch.
- Fixed progression blocker in Storehouse. This update also fixes previous backups.
- Fixed progression blocking when entering the old pit. This update also fixes previous backups.
- Fixed previous saves with the Forge progress blocker
- Fixed an issue with the Cursed Chest being locked on death at the same time enemies are defeated. This update also fixes previous backups.
- Fixed an EOS SDK error preventing some players from launching the game (PC only).
- The Parry Counter attack is now easier to perform.
- Fixed the soft-lock in the old well.
- Crash fixes.
- Minor audio, visual and collision bugs.
Kena: Bridge of Spirits is now available worldwide for PC, PlayStation 4, and PlayStation 5. We reviewed the game upon release and were pleasantly surprised with its engaging combat and stunning graphics.
It’s clear that Ember Lab was inspired by Nintendo’s The Legend of Zelda series, as Kena: Bridge of Spirits feels like a stripped-down version of any 3D entry in the franchise. By controlling the Spirit Guide, players must explore a decently sized map where all locations feel readily available but are only accessible with the right ability or item. This semi-open-world approach works very well, as it allows players to branch out when they feel like searching for collectibles and optional content without making the adventure too dispersive. Kena also controls very easily, which makes exploring the lush locations of the game quite satisfying.