Duke # 2 wants to stay warm against the state
- Duke Number 2 Duke hosts the NC State at Cameron Indoor on Saturday night for the 248th time.
- The Blue Devils have won eight total victories in total and are the only ones holding first place in the ACC.
- Duke's 10-1 record in the ACC game marks his eleventh start from 10-1 or better under the head coach Mike Krzyzewskiand his best start since the 2010-11 season.
- First-year student RJ Barrett, who leads the ACC with 22.7 points, is seventh on Duke's first-year scorers list (544). He has 150 points less than Duke's freshman record.
- First-year student Zion Williamson is second in ACC with 22.0 points. Barrett and he are the duo with the most goals in the country this season with 44.7 points per game.
- Williamson is the only player in the country to average more than 20.0 points and shoot more than 0.650 from the field.
- Barrett (22 games) and Williamson (23) are the fastest freshmen in Duke's history to score 500 points. Barrett was the second fastest player of all seasons of K coach at 500 points (J.J. Redick, 19 games, 2005-06).
- Williamson needs two more shots blocked to become the third Blue Devil in history to record more than 50 flights and more than 50 blues in the same season, joining national defensive players of the year Shane Battier and Shelden Williams.
- In KenPom's overall standings, Duke is joined by Virginia, as the only team ranked among the top five in terms of both offensive and defensive efficiency.
Duke played five games against the AP top-10, including four outside Cameron, and the Blue Devils' 4-1 record against the top 10 teams in the nation … Duke (four ) joins Virginia (three), Iowa State (two), Kansas (two), Kentucky (two) and North Carolina (two) and as the only teams to win multiple top 10 this season … The Blue Devils are 7-1 against the top 25 AP teams this season, tied with Kansas (7-2) for most of the 25 best wins in 2018-19. On Duke's 7-1 record against the Top 25, Cameron Indoor Stadium has won six victories to equal the record of most Top 25 road / neutral wins in the regular season … The Blue Devils still have three games to play against AP The Top 25 Teams … Duke's top-11 top 25 would put Louisville, UNC and Virginia in the top spot in the country this season.
Duke vs. NC State
Duke has a 146-101 record against NC State, which includes a 63-30 mark at home (50-26 at Cameron Indoor Stadium) … Under coach K, the Blue Devils are 54-24 in the series … The Wolfpack have won twice in a row against the Blue Devils – their first consecutive victory in the series since the 1994-95 season.
Duke is 4-1 this season at the half, and has won each of his last four goals at half-time … The Blue Devils have gone up by 9 points at halftime in Louisville (38-29) – a deficit who dug 23 points (59-36) with 9:55 to go before Duke rode the historic rally … The biggest return of the Blue Devils at half-time since his victory against North Carolina at Cameron, 74-64, having 10 to the half … On average, Duke scores 2.1 points more in the second half, while getting better percentages and keeping the percentages lower.
In one of the big comebacks in Duke's history, and the biggest margin in the second half of coach K's time, Duke was beaten in Louisville by 23 (59-36) with 9:55 to play … Triggered by a Reddish cam Three with 9:04 to go, the Blue Devils beat the Cardinals 35-10 in the next nine minutes to clear the deficit and win the victory in amazing ways … Reddish scored 16 of Duke's last 30 points in the comeback ( 4 of 9). three to the line), including a three who made a two-point match with 2:58 to go, the three tied with 1:28 left and free throws with 14 seconds … Eight of Duke's 12 interceptions arrived in the 6:13 final of the game, each of the eight interceptions giving rise to points on the next possession (15 points).
RJ and Zion threaten Frosh's scoring record
With freshmen RJ Barrett and Zion Williamson continuing to pace the goals in the ACC, the duo should threaten the record of the first-year team of the freshman team … Last season, Marvin Bagley IIIThe 694 points were most marked by a Duke rookie. Barrett is shy at 150 points, while Williamson is at 165 minutes … Barrett and Williamson aim to become the first teammates in the first year of the NCAA history with an average of 20.0 points or more in a season.