We had the Golden Globes, the Baftas, but now, the film industry is preparing for its biggest party of the year – the Oscars.
The stars meet in Los Angeles for the 91st Academy Awards at the Dolby Theater this Sunday night.
Roma and The Favorite are leading this year with 10 nominations each.
While Alfonso Cuaron orders a new trophy cabinet, we're looking at some of the most unusual things we've noticed this year.
Here are 17 original facts to store for your next pubs quiz.
1. Lady Gaga drew her stage name from Queen Gaga's song, Radio Gaga, saying that she "adored" the band.
But more than ten years after turning for celebrity, she finds herself effectively against their.
His film A Star is Born Faces the Competition in the Best Category of Queen Biopic Pictures, Bohemian Rhapsody.
2. This is the third time that Amy Adams and Christian Bale have been playing together in a movie and both are nominated for Oscars.
They appeared side by side in The Fighter (2010) and American Hustle (2013), and both have now nodded for their roles in Vice.
However, only Basel won, winning the award for Best Actor in The Fighter.
3. Mahershala Ali is the favorite of the Best Supporting Actress this year for her role in Green Book.
He won the same prize two years ago for his performance in Moonlight.
If he wins the prize again this year, he will be the fastest of the actors who have won twice the same Oscar since Tom Hanks, who won the best actor award in 1993 (for Forrest Gump) and in 1994 (Philadelphia). ).
4. Richard E. Grant, Best Supporting Actor, is well known to Withnail & I.
However, his role as an actor in Spice Girls in 1997 was far more important.
"I've had two great results in Spice World: The Movie," Grant told James Corden in November.
"Lena Dunham wrote four episodes of Girls for me, because she'd seen me in Spice World, and Adele sent me a ticket to come see her in London because she was a fan too. from Spice World: The Movie. "
5. Glenn Close currently holds the dubious actress title that has the most Oscar nominations without any win.
This is likely to change this year as she is the favorite of the best actress for her role in The Wife.
His previous six nominations are for his roles in movies including Fatal Attraction, Dangerous Liaisons, Albert Nobbs and The Big Chill.
6. In the categories of Best Actor and Supporting Actor this year, four of the five nominees describe real people in their roles.
And in both categories, the one who plays a fictional character is from A Star Is Born – Bradley Cooper and Sam Elliott.
The actual characters represented in both categories include Freddie Mercury, Vincent Van Gogh, Dick Cheney and George W Bush.
7. This is the first year that Netflix has made an appointment for the best image.
Roma-shaped – which is led by Alfonso Cuaron.
The awards season has been extremely successful so far – including the awarding of the first prize to the Baftas earlier this month.
8. The star of Roma – Yalitza Aparicio – had never acted before when she was chosen.
Quvenzhane Wallis (The Wild South Beasts, 2013), Gabourey Sidibe (Precious, 2009) and Hailee Steinfeld (True Grit, 2010) are among the other actresses who won their first Oscar-winning film.
9. The four actor awards this year could be awarded to lesbian, gay or bisexual role roles.
Olivia Colman and Rachel Weisz played the lovers of The Favorite, the portrait of Don Shirley by Mahershala Ali includes several references to his homosexuality, while Rami Malek played the role of Freddie Mercury, gay icon.
Last year, the winners of the four categories of actors were exactly the same at Baftas and Oscars.
Frances McDormand, Gary Oldman, Allison Janney and Sam Rockwell each won their respective categories at both ceremonies.
But it's less likely this year, since Glenn Close should triumph in the best actress category against Olivia Colman, who won the Bafta.
10. In 2008, The Dark Knight helped spark a change of rules at the Oscars, which expanded the category of best pictures from five nominees to ten.
It was hoped that this would allow more superhero blockbuster movies to be recognized (ie, movies that the public will actually see).
However, it took a decade for a superhero movie to actually benefit from this rule change – in the form of the Black Panther nomination this year.
11. The nomination of RBG in the category of the best songs for I'm Fight is the 10th Oscar awarded to the composer Diane Warren.
Among his other accomplishments include LeAnn Rimes' How Do I Live (Con Air), I do not want to miss anything from Aerosmith (from Armageddon) and Faith Hill (from Pearl Harbor).
Last year, Warren told Time that if she won, "I'd probably faint, they'd have to get me out of there, I'd be so shocked."
12. Incredibles 2 is nominated for the best feature film this year.
But sequels have rarely won in this category since the Oscars introduced it in 2001.
The latest one was Toy Story 3 in 2010 (despite its misleading title, Big Hero 6 of 2014 was not a sequel).
Toy Story had left 11 years gap between the second and third installment, a long absence that may have allowed the heart of the Academy to become more affectionate.
Incredibles 2 had an even longer absence – 14 years between the first and second films. Could it work in his favor?
13. A star is born is nominated in eight categories, but Bradley Cooper has missed the mark for the best director.
It is thought that this was influenced at least in part by a scathing profile of the New York Times, which accuses him of not having explained how his personal life had influenced the making of the film.
The star told Oprah earlier this month that he felt "embarrassed" by the snub.
14. Chadwick Boseman did not originally have an African accent in Black Panther.
He told the Hollywood Reporter that Marvel originally suggested that Wakandans should have British accents, otherwise "it could be too hard for the public to bear."
But, he said, "It seemed to me like a market break." I was like: "No, it's such an important factor that if we lose that now, what is it?" We will throw away to make sure that people feel comfortable? … Once we decided to do it, we went looking for it. "
15. Mary Poppins Returns will not have a night as big as the original.
He has received four nominations this year, two for his music, as well as for the best costume design and the best production design.
The 1964 film, Julie Andrews, won five of the 13 Academy Awards for which he was nominated. But My Fair Lady missed the best movie.
16. Increasingly, movies do not need to be distributed during the awards season to attract the attention of the Academy.
One of the big hits of 2018, Get Out, was released almost a year before the Oscar ceremony at which he was nominated.
This year sees Black Panther (released last March) and BlackKklansman (last August).
17. Christian Bale celebrates his birthday with Dick Cheney, whom he represents in Vice.
But it's fair to say that Bale does not share the same politics as the former Republican vice president.
While accepting her Golden Globe award last month, Bale said, "Thanks to Satan for inspiring me on how to play this role."
follow us on Facebook, on Twitter @BBCNewsEnts, or on Instagram at bbcnewsents. If you have a history suggestion email .