Get all the football gossip from National Papers
A look at the last pages of the book Friday – including Fulham who is waiting for the FBCL to replace Claudio Ranieri …
- Ole Gunnar Solskjaer wins the race to be named permanent director of Manchester United because of his resounding success.
- Bristol City manager Lee Johnson is running for Fulham as permanent director after Claudio Ranieri's dismissal.
- Romelu Lukaku considers Luke Shaw as the Manchester United player of the year.
THE DIGEST OF THE DAY
- Manchester United is likely to lose David de Gea unless he is the club's highest-paying player alongside Alexis Sanchez in a contract that reflects his outstanding player status over the past five seasons.
- A major doubt was cast on the legality of the theft that killed Emiliano Sala after Willie McKay admitted to having agreed to pay all the expenses of the trip.
- West Bromwich Albion players will receive a £ 10 million bonus when they are promoted to the Premier League this season.
- Fulham dismissed Claudio Ranieri, worried about what they saw as outdated coaching methods on the part of the Italian.
- Marcelo Bielsa may leave Leeds if he does not win the Premier League promotion this season.
- The Football Association has officially submitted its registration application for Declan Rice as an English player.
- Gareth Southgate is considering a surprise reminder from England for Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse.
- Crawley, a League Two player, is about to take control of £ 7 million from a consortium in Singapore.
Click here to see our tips for the latest action in the Premier League
- Chelsea must be quick to make Zinedine Zidane his next manager – because Juventus wants it.
- Tottenham is worried that Mauricio Pochettino will leave Real Madrid this summer.
- West Ham midfielder Jack Wilshere will miss the rest of the season after another setback to his ankle injury.
- Gareth Southgate could make a call from England to Southampton midfielder James Ward-Prowse for the first time since March 2017.
- The charitable foundation of Amir Khan has been criticized for the second year in a row for its lack of financial transparency.
- Steve Clarke, director of Kilmarnock, is high on Claudio Ranieri's list of potential substitutes in Fulham.
Click here: Win tickets for Birmingham v Aston Villa with Sporting Life