Just the facts
When: Tonight at 19:30
Or: TD Garden – Boston, MA
How to follow: 98.5 The sports center, NBCSN
Rival SBN website: Raw load
Know your enemy
Note: all of these statistics (and all that is presented in this overview) date from before the Wednesday night's Tampa match with the combat boots.
- It's here, guys! The one you expected. The Bruins have to face the team that everyone assumes is miles ahead of the Atlantic. However, this is not really a game of mark: the Bruins are without David Pastrnak, their top scorer, while the Bolts will play their second match in as many evenings.
Andrei Vasilevskiy played for Tampa Wednesday night in New York, so the Bruins will likely see the substitute for Louis Domingue tonight. Domingue is 19-4-0 … as a backup. YIKES.
- The Bruins are considered among the NHL's heavier teams, but it's amazing to see the gap between scorers # 3 and # 4 in Tampa. Steven Stamkos is 3rd on the Bolts with 75 points. Tyler Johnson is 4th, 38 points behind Stamkos. Of course, we do not hit Johnson. plus a testimony of the incredible Kucherov, Point and Stamkos.
- The Bruins had a torrid pace in February, but they barely made it back to Tampa. Why? The Bolts have not lost in regulation since January 30, a 4-2 defeat against the Penguins. It's a sequence of 13 games. Nor is it a series of points: in last night's game against the Rangers, Tampa had 9 wins in a row.
- If the Bolts took at least one point of the Rangers last night, it must be one of the most unique games in the history of the NHL, is not it? ? I can not imagine two teams in a 14-point sequence having played each other several times.
Patrice Bergeron did not train on Wednesday, but according to the team, he was entitled to a day of maintenance. He should be able to go tonight, while Noel Acciari may run out of time because of his dental work and Kevan Miller remains questionable.
Jake DeBrusk does not seem to be more resistant to wear after a bad fall in Tuesday's match against San Jose.
- If Acciari can not go, Karson Kuhlman will probably come back. Otherwise, Bruce Cassidy could choose to overthrow David Backes in the fourth row and place Peter Cehlarik at 3RW.
- Tampa took the only other regular season game between those two teams, beating the Bruins 3-2 in Tampa on Dec. 6.
See you tonight!