NATIONWIDE – Ragu pasta makers have issued a reminder of a specific set of products, stating that they may contain pieces of plastic.
- The recall involves pots of tomato, garlic and onion
- No case of injury reported so far
- Products must be discarded or returned to the place of purchase
Manufacturers Mizkan America, based in Illinois, said the sauces were distributed nationwide.
The products concerned are:
- 45 ounce tomatoes, garlic and onions, dated June 6, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onions, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onion, dated June 6, 2020, expiration date
- Traditional 66 ounce old world style, dated June 4, 2020, expiry date
- Old-fashioned 66-ounce meat, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
According to Mizkan, no injuries were reported.
In their own recall statement, Publix stated that the products should be discarded or returned to their place of purchase for a refund.
Customers can also contact Mizkan America to get a replacement coupon and have them pick up the sauces for further examination.