The owner of Ragú recalls some of his pasta sauce jars on the possibility that they contain fragments of plastic, the company said.
Mizkan America said Saturday that there were no reports of injuries or complaints and that he was initiating the recall voluntarily "as a precaution".
The products concerned are:
- 45 ounce tomatoes, garlic and onions, dated June 6, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onions, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
- 66 oz. Tomatoes, garlic and thick onion, dated June 6, 2020, expiration date
- Traditional 66 ounce old world style, dated June 4, 2020, expiry date
- Old-fashioned 66-ounce meat, dated June 5, 2020, expiry date
The sauces, produced earlier this month, were distributed nationally, the company said.
"Consumers who have purchased these products are urged not to consume them. These products must be discarded or returned to the place of purchase for a refund, "said the Publix grocery chain in its own announcement.
Customers may also contact Mizkan America for a replacement coupon and for all sauces to be picked up for further examination, the company said.
America mizkan of Mt. Prospect, in Illinois, is a subsidiary of the Japanese company Mizkan, specializing in vinegars, sauces, mustards and vinaigrettes. The Mizkan group bought Ragú and Bertolli in 2014 for 2.15 billion dollars.