Thursday , December 13 2018
Home / Others / Report: Conor McGregor fined and driving ban for six months

Report: Conor McGregor fined and driving ban for six months



Former UFC featherweight and featherweight champion Conor McGregor (21-4) was sentenced to a six-month driving ban and fined $ 1,000 ($ 1,117) after a speeding incident on the N7 road between Limerick and Dublin.

The incident where McGregor had reached 154 mph in a 100 km / h zone occurred at 11:57 am on October 11, 2017. It turned out that McGregor was charged with a speeding ticket. and three charges related to the lack of a driver's license (these three charges were later removed).

McGregor was supposed to appear in court last week, but was not present Irish sun). McGregor has reportedly been charged with 12 prior driving offenses.

In rendering the judgment, Judge Desmond Zaidan told McGregor: "Speed ​​kills". Outside the courtroom, McGregor told a crowd of reporters, "You have to drive safer."

McGregor is no stranger to the audience rooms. Back in April, he appeared in a New York City court after being charged with criminal mischief in connection with the famous dolly throwing incident in downtown Brooklyn Barlcay.

McGregor's last appearance comes nearly two months after his last appearance in a UFC Octagon. In October, at UFC 229, the Irish star sank in front of current champion Khabib Nurmagomedov.

After this fight, McGregor was involved in a massive fight, for which he still risked being punished.

Prior to UFC 229, McGregor had signed a six-fight deal with the UFC. At the moment, it is unclear when, where and against which will take place the first of these planned fights.


Source link