PITTSBURGH – The second day of the 2018 NCAA Wrestling Championships has arrived, which means that chaos is probably not far behind.
The third and fourth sessions of the national tournament are still the craziest with huge fights in the quarterfinals and semi-finals, as well as the wrestling blood round, as the eight US finalists and two national finalists are named on Friday night. .
SUPPORTS: 125 | 133 | 141 | 149 | 157 | 165 | 174 | 184 | 197 | HWT
NJ Advance Media is on the ground at PPG Arena Paints with two journalists and two photographers covering everything Rutgers, Princeton, New Jersey and more. Follow the links below for our full coverage:
DAY 2, SESSION 3 IN PROGRESS:
• Quarterfinal results | Semi-final twinning
• WATCH: Mekhi Lewis of Virginia Tech worries about first place
• Anthony Ashnault, Matt Kolodzik will meet for the 6th time in semifinal | WATCH Ashnault after the victory | Kolodzik ready to find Ashnault
• Nick Suriano in the semifinals | WATCH Suriano after the victory
• Rutgers reset: here's what to watch by Anthony Ashnault, Nick Suriano, more
• How to watch Day 2 of the NCAA Championships
Session 3 (quarter-finals and struggles): 11 am to 2 pm, ESPNU / ESPN3.
Session 4 (semifinals, rounds of blood, struggles): 8h to 11h, ESPN / ESPN3.
RECAPPING DAY 1:
• PHOTOS of the session 2 | Pre-quarter results | Twins in the quarterfinals | N.J.-only results | Wrestling matches | Team scores after session 2
• Anthony Ashnault of the Rutgers storms neighborhoods | Dominant on the top | Nick Suriano also in quarter | RU has four living
• Young rookie Pat Glory leads three Princeton wrestlers in quarter-final
• Virginia Tech, a freshman in Lewis, one of 11 NY wrestlers to reach the quarter-finals
SESSION 1 COMPLETE:
• PHOTOS of the session 1 | Full results of the first round | N.J.-only results | Wrestling matches | Full results of the pigtail trick | Team scores after session 1
• Rutgers sends three in the second round after the morning session
• 10 intrigues to follow at the NCAA wrestling championships
• Who are the 32 national qualifications of N.J. and where did they go?
• Who are N.J.'s best title shots? Martin, Ashnault, Rivera?
• Why Rutgers' Nick Suriano is grateful for another NCAA wrestling championship
• John VanBrill, Rutgers, tries to repair the anarchy lost last year
• Despite injury, Rutgers' Nick Gravina finds his way back to the NCAA Wrestling Championship
• Coach Goodale reflects on the trip to a possible historic weekend
• The former Rutgers wins the leader impressed by Ashnault
• Patrick Brucki, uncompromising Princeton leader, focused on the NCAA wrestling championships
• Runner sending four people to the NCAA wrestling championships, including two-time state champion
• Myles Martin from Ohio, a native of N.J., is looking to complete his career with a 2nd title