Bryce Harper, you are the man!
Throw the thread here for all relevant updates from Harper.
Jeff Passan and others say the deal is $ 330 million over 13 years, with no possibility of withdrawal:
The deal between Bryce Harper and the Phillies will run for 13 years and $ 330 million, league sources told ESPN. It will not include any opt-out.
– Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) February 28, 2019
Bryce Harper's agreement with the #Phillies is 13 years old, 330 million dollars. The duration of the deal spreads the cash flow and reduces the amount of stroke, which is important for Phillies trying to recruit new talent.
– Todd Zolecki (@ToddZolecki) February 28, 2019
Source: "No unsubscription. Harper did not want it. "
– Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) February 28, 2019
Holy shit. It's … like forever. Harper will be 39 years old by the end of the fiscal year. I'm going to be 47 years old. And in the last 72 hours, a group of people said the decision to abstain was blocking, which seems to be wrong. We will have to reread all these stories at one point to see who knew what they were talking about and who did not know it.
Harper will apparently have a complete non-exchange clause after the jump:
Source: Harper receives full non-exchange clause in agreement with Phillies.
– Mark Feinsand (@ Feinsand) February 28, 2019
Damn, I guess he really wanted to be here after all. Bryce Harper is a "Philly guy!" Lololol.
Tell them, Alshon:
Philadelphia the place to be !!!
– Alshon Jeffery (@TheWorldof_AJ) February 28, 2019
YUPPPP @ Bharper3407 PHILLY is the place to be !!!! WELCOME
– cox fletcher (@ fcoxx_91) February 28, 2019
– Jimmy Rollins (@ JimmyRollins11) February 28, 2019
Bobi, Tobi and Bryci? ?
– Tobias Harris (@ tobias31) February 28, 2019
Smash Mouth weighs in!
– Smash Mouth (@smashmouth) February 28, 2019
$$$ speaks. It really does. Sorry, Smash Mouth, you can not do it.
Jon Heyman is right now with WIP.
- both sides (Phillies and Scott Boras) came from Arrieta agreement with respect
- Bryce Harper and Gabe Kapler "hear very well", think that they are similar personalities
- John Middleton "drove the bus", but Andy MacPhail and Matt Klentak have somewhat followed suit by reading the market, but that was something Middleton really wanted.
- has the impression that the Phillies are "at the height of everyone" in a difficult division
- he is a little surprised that they have spent 13 years, knowing that last year was not his best year statistically, I think it affected the agreement that took so long to succeed.
- Feels as if Harper was giving a total pledge to Philadelphia, he said that he was not in love with Philadelphia "go out the window"
Think about this, a list of opening days for Phils:
- Cesar Hernandez
- Bryce Harper
- Jean Segura
- Rhys Hoskins
- J.T. Realmuto
- Andrew McCutchen
- Odubel Herrera
- Maikel Franco
- Aaron Nola
Something like that, yeah? Choose any order, I m in form. These boys will rake.
Remember this account drag us? –
Latest news: Harper and the Phillies reach an agreement: https: //t.co/fCHLTdfb4J pic.twitter.com/PCYVTx5j2u
– MLB The Show (@MLBTheShow) February 28, 2019
Oh my God, look at Jake Arrieta's answer:
Here is something to put things in perspective. It's a lot of money:
Bryce Harper will make $ 25,384,615 this season.
That's $ 156,695 per game.
Or $ 39,173 per batting (average of 4 ab / game)
Average household income in Philadelphia is $ 41,449 (2016 statistics)
Harper will earn almost as much in a bat as the average Philly family in a year.
– Hugh Burrill (@hughwburrill) February 28, 2019
In addition, people are already lining up to buy tickets for Phillies:
– John Clark (@JClarkNBCS) February 28, 2019
And then you have these two guys arguing, of course:
Again .. it's not ok. He is 13 years old at 330m, without opting for us. Your source and your report were therefore incorrect. https://t.co/EMs0rM4vPk
– Howard Eskin (@howardeskin) February 28, 2019
More updates as they arrive.