The U.S. Secret Service is investigating death threats against Vice President Mike Pence made by pro-Trump lawyer Lin Wood, Fox News has learned.
Wood, who was banned from Twitter last week, is believed to have written a now-deleted post on Speak: “Prepare the firing squads. Pence goes FIRST.”
“We are aware of the comments and take all threats to our charges seriously,” a Secret Service spokesperson told Fox News on Saturday.
Secret Service and other federal agencies are also investigating other people seen on video inside the US Capitol shouting “Hang Pence.”
The threats against the vice president come days after a pro-Trump group stormed the U.S. Capitol to protest the official certification of victory for President-elect Joe Biden. Lawmakers, staff and others hid under tables and evacuated as rioters walked the halls of the Capitol, carrying pro-Trump flags and banging on doors.
ARNOLD SCHWARZENEGGER CONDEMNS TRUMP AS ‘WORST PRESIDENT EVER’ AFTER CAPITOL
A source close to Pence told Fox News Wednesday that as Pence took refuge in “hardened rooms” on Capitol Hill, President Trump did not contact him to verify his status or convict those who said the deputy. president “should be executed. ”
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Later in the week, the hashtag “Hang Mike Pence” was all the rage on Twitter. A Twitter spokesperson told Fox News on Saturday that the company had “blocked expression and other variations on the trend.”
Fox News’ David Spunt and Associated Press contributed to this report.