SALT LAKE CITY – We now have a beautiful new image of Mars.
What happened: NASA's probe captured a clear and magnificent image of Mars after landing on the red planet on Monday.
• "The beauty is quiet here. I was looking forward to exploring my new home, "NASA tweeted a few hours after the landing.
• The sensor sent a blurred picture earlier in the day. The InSight lander opened its solar panels, which allowed him to recharge his batteries for the mission.
• The machine InSight said that it was now "to enjoy the sun with my solar panels".
Arrival: According to CNN, NASA's InSight mission traveled for seven months from Earth to Mars. The spacecraft signaled its arrival after sending a "beep" to NASA.
• "Today, we have successfully landed on Mars for the eighth time in the history of humanity," said Jim Bridenstine, NASA Administrator, according to CNN. "InSight will study the interior of Mars and teach us valuable scientific knowledge to prepare us to send astronauts to the moon and then to Mars. This achievement represents the ingenuity of America and our international partners and demonstrates the dedication and perseverance of our team. The best of NASA is coming, and it will arrive soon. "
• The shuttle traveled 301,223,981 miles at a maximum speed of 6,200 mph.