T.J. Cunningham went 'box it out' with neighbor on the parking spot before shooting fatal

Arapahoe County, Colorado – Anthony "T.J." Cunningham, former Seattle Seahawks football player and the University of Colorado

killed in a shooting Sunday morning,

According to his criminal record, he had met his neighbor to "tidy up his belongings" about a dispute over a parking spot, but had been shot instead.

The 31-year-old Marcus Johnson's arrest affidavit contains more details about what happened at the Eaglecrest High School car park in Centennial, Colorado, shortly after 9 hours, when the shooting finally let Cunningham die.

Arapahoe County Sheriff's deputies were summoned to the school parking around 9:20 am to announce that a man had been shot and covered in blood.

While the deputies were answering the parking lot, Johnson called the dispatch to report that he had shot at his neighbor, that he was at home and that his handgun was in his car, at the same time. outside of his home.

According to the affidavit, witnesses and neighbors told MPs that Johnson and Cunningham had been involved in an ongoing conflict over a parking space in front of their home, one across the street. on the other.

According to the affidavit, Cunningham's brother reportedly told MPs after the shooting that he and Cunningham had agreed to meet Johnson in the school parking lot "so they could" tidy up their belongings ".

Once at school, the brother says that Cunningham and Johnson started walking towards each other shouting obscenities. At that time, Johnson allegedly pulled out a gun and fired three shots, hitting Cunningham in the head and chest.

The brother told the deputies that Cunningham was not armed. Cunningham was taken to the Parker Adventist Hospital where he was pronounced dead on Monday.

"It's just a shock. I have a hard time believing it. He would greet me as his big brother and tell me over the years. Mike Pritchard, who played for CU and attended the Seahawks training camp with Cunningham, told KMGH on Monday.

Johnson appeared for the first time in Arapahoe County Court after being arrested for first degree murder after deliberation. He is being held without bail pending his next hearing on February 22, where he should be formally charged.

Source link