I went through the full thing – and pulled out the best lines. They are amazing (ly) strange.
1. "Good event, nice event … (inaudible) ethanol in. Great crowd, great people, great people.
Inaudible Ethanol would be a good group name. And we're going!
2. "But the caucus is different, people come in. You talk to them."
3. "These people could not come in. Great people, that's a lot – look – look – look at people, they can not come in, George."
Trump is forever obsessed with the number of people who come to see him and thereafter. wanted to come and see him. Always.
4. "I feel good about almost every state we compete in. I think Iowa is great.I think Ohio and Florida, North Carolina, the South Carolina I feel really good in Pennsylvania. "
5. "Yeah, well, we'll announce it in about two months."
Trump talks about the health care plan that no Republican elected official wants to announce to him. Take note of his calendar …
6. "You will see this in a month when we – when we – present it, we will have a plan."
… because it just changed. So, according to Trump, he will announce his new health care plan in mid-July, about two weeks before Congress leaves the city for a month of the August annual work period, between other.
7. "As far as trade is concerned, we have a lot of power, and we have a lot of people, companies are very strong, they are very liquid."
Which companies? All?
8. "It's my choice I agree, but, you know, we also have people who were not my choice, but that's my choice." – And I'm not not at all agree with him. "
9. "And I inherited a debt of nearly $ 21 trillion, I inherited that."
10. "We are about to be very, very strong, we are about to be stronger than ever before."
Very very strong, that's good, right?
11. "People do not understand the tariffs, but I understand them, and I also understand the power of tariffs."
12. "I've had a case recently with The New York Times where they write things knowing that it was wrong.
We do not know exactly what story Trump is talking about here. But it is very hard to believe that the New York Times has published incorrect information knowingly. And by "very hard to believe", I mean "impossible".
13. "I do not call it tweets, I call it social media."
14. "And it's not a tweet – it's a social media."
No, I do not know why this distinction is important for Trump either. Thank you for asking the question!
15. "I took out one this morning and as soon as I pressed the button, they said:" We have breaking news. "Every network, every station. "We have the latest news." They read my tweet, why is it so bad?
This explanation is the best I've seen on why Trump uses so much Twitter. He likes being able to drive new cycles – even if the news cycle is unfavorable to him. The power to do this is intoxicating for him – someone who has spent his whole life trying to get covered by what he thought was a biased media. Now he can make the news with just one tweet. And he likes that.
16. "No one has ever been abused like me."
Nobody? Already? [Consults first page of any history book eve.]
17. "Even though they say that Abraham Lincoln was really badly treated, I must say that it's the right one." If you can believe it, Abraham Lincoln was supposedly very badly treated . "
That's right – especially if your definition of "so-called very bad treaty" is "was murdered".
18. "No one was badly treated like me."
Yeah, I think the "list of very badly treated Americans" would be about the same thing: 1) Trump 2) African Slaves 3) Native Americans.
19. "We recently got a lot of polls – huge numbers of polls."
20. "I wanted to say:" I run, I run, I run. "But I did not run, there is a big difference when I run and when I just say," Hey, I'm running. " Hope you will vote for someone. "
21. "But Rasmussen– well, I do not know c– Quinnipiac has never been so precise for me." Rasmussen was the m … one of the most accurate polls.
22. "And, you know, for women – as you know, I did very well with women the last time." I heard that I would not have done it. :" Why? Why? Explain yourself. "I did very well with the women -"
23. "Well, I have 52%."
He did not actually have 52% with women. He had 41%. He had 52% with White women. Which, well, draws your own conclusions.
24. "I think, hey, Hillary Clinton has focused on women, and I've managed incredibly well, many, many, many points above what they thought."
Trump has 41% among women. Mitt Romney got 44% in 2012. John McCain got 42% in 2008. George W. Bush got 48% in 2004 – and 44% in 2000. So, if 41% is "phenomenally good", then I get am "phenomenally good" in high school math.
25. "I think we're going to do a lot now with African Americans, Asians and Hispanics, because they have the lowest unemployment rate ever recorded in the country's history."
26. "We are probably doing the best job anyone has done probably as chair of the first term, I think I have done more than any other chair of the first term."
He's starting to realize that Trump may not be a huge student in presidential history. Or, like, the story more generally.
27. "Mueller goes out, there is no collusion, and essentially a decision forbidding obstruction."
28. "George, the report says no collusion."
29. "Probably I have an average of four or five hours or something like that."
30. "Uh, I'm not at all a guy at breakfast, thankfully, I love lunches but dinners are what I really like."
My meal ranking: 1) Dinner 2) Breakfast 4,627) Lunch
31. "That's why, if we can take power in the House, we will have things like never before."
32. "I have the most important people." Yesterday, I had in my office some of the world's greatest businessmen.They have beautiful offices perhaps more beautiful than the oval office, although for me nothing is more beautiful because of what it represents. "
Eloquence, your name is Donald Trump.
33. "You did not have a lot of flags.You had an American flag, but most of the time, you had no flags.Uh, it's a little different from President Obama. "
Donald Trump's contribution to the Oval Office? Flags!
34. "It's very comfortable, and I have a lot of work there.In fact, you would see that the effect is very different.You can not have – whenever we have pictures, everyone wants a photo, you do not want to remove everything on your desk, so I have an office here that I use a lot more. "
35 "And the heads of royal companies and auto companies and other presidents have not made the oval office easily accessible, which I do. "
36. "I opened it and saw the letter that I read and found that it was very nice and I have it." , there is more judges than I sign, we have signed 107 judges since I was in and we will already have 145 Supreme Court justices we already have and the numbers should be a bit higher than that. "
In which Trump will talk about the letter that Obama left him at the White House to the number of federal judges that he will confirm. Without pause. Or a break. A pure flow of consciousness here.
37. "Because we have granted the largest tax reduction in history."
38. "It's actually a bogus poll and I think it's repression.They suppress, they want to suppress people's minds so that they do not give themselves the hardly go out and vote. "
This is not a thing. What Trump says is that the polls are not good for him and, therefore, they must be wrong.
39. "I think it's probably, uh, I want them to think what they think, they say, I mean, I've seen and I've read and I heard, and I had a very brief meeting on But people say that they see UFOs, do I believe it? Not particularly. "
Salad of words! With one side of the UFOs! Delicious!
40. "And some of them really see things a little different than in the past, so we'll see them, but we'll look at them, you'll be the first to know."
The President of the United States on the possibility of extraterrestrials: "We will see, but we will watch it."
41. "I think I have the biggest base in the history of politics because they do not believe in wrong things."
42. "For example, today, at Good Morning America, they had false survey information, and I explained to you last night that it was wrong, but you did not do it. You should have done it, but it was late in the evening, and maybe you did not have a chance. "
43. "I love the truth, I'm actually a very honest guy."
44. "George, I know he hates me, and then he named 18 Democrats."
45. "Because no one has the slightest idea of media corruption, they are corrupt, not all of them, fortunately, but the media are corrupt."
Read "corrupted" here as "not wanting to write only positive stories about me."
46. "When you will see my financial statements, at some point, I suppose that they will be published, you will be very impressed by the work that I have accomplished.Many, much bigger, much more better than anyone else. "
Remember: Trump is the only post-Watergate president not to publish a single page of his old tax returns.
47. "If you go coughing, please, leave the room, you can not, you can not cough, my boy, oh boy, ok, you want to do it a little differently than uh- "
48. "I look forward, frankly, I would like people to see my financial state because it's phenomenal-"
49. "But they ask for things that they should never ask, for which they have never asked another president."
Trump is the only post-Watergate president not to publish a single page of his old tax returns.
50. "No, people hate Obamacare."
51. "Do you agree with cough?" I do not like having a cough in the middle of one (inaudible). … No, but are not you agree with that? "
Yes, cough is the key thing here.
52. "My life has always been a struggle."
53. "The campaign, the Trump campaign has pushed them back, we have nothing to do with Russia."
54 "I'll tell you, you talk about collusion, take a look at the collusion with the Democratic Party and Facebook and Google and Twitter.This is called collusion, it's true collusion."
55. "And [Rusian President Vladimir] Putin, I will say this: if he had, it was up to him to decide. He would prefer that Hillary Clinton is now president. "
56. "I guarantee you that 90%, if not 100%, of the members of Congress or Senators there, had meetings – otherwise, they probably would not be elected – with negative information about their opponent."
57. "I do not know, I'm not involved, I'm totally uninvolved."
58. "Not only – not only was he not charged, if you read it, with all the horrible false news – I mean, I was reading that my son was going to jail – this He is a good young man – that he was going to go to jail. "
59. "I'll tell you what: I've seen a lot of things in my life.I do not think in all my life that I've ever called the FBI.In all my life. Do not call the FBI. "
60. "The director of the FBI is wrong because, frankly, it does not happen that way in life."
61. "I do not … there is nothing wrong with listening to it.If someone called from a country, Norway, calls:" We have information about your opponent & # 39; 39, oh, I think I'd like to hear it. "
Really beautiful things here. What Trump, who is, remember, the President of the United States, seems not to understand is that a foreign county would almost certainly have a motive to convey negative information about his opponent.
62. "This is not an interference, they have information, I think I'll take it."
he is interference. There is a reason why we do not let Americans vote until the elections. Because Americans should be the ones who have the only say on the future American leaders. I mean, come on. This is a Grade 7 civics course
63. "Barron is doing well, he's here, he loves football, he does a great job."
Me on my sons: "They are here, they love football, they do a great job." Odd, right?
64. "He– w– when you say" me ", not me … … because I did not know him at that time.It was a very different matter.But here's the final result, I finished it. "
65. "I think Kim Jong Un– and you've heard a lot of negative things about him, but you've heard different things from me."
This seems to suggest that Trump does not believe that Kim is a bad guy – and that many of the reports of Kim's atrocities are, uh, "false news?"
66. "[Kim] could have almost an instantly rich juggernaut. "
My jazz fusion band was named "Instanthem Wealthy Behemoth".
67. "I say a lot of beautiful things about a lot of very sweet and kind people."
68. "Some might be nice, and others might not be, but I did a good job."
Honestly, the same.
69. "The story on this very simply, the # 1, I would never fired Mueller, I never suggested firing Mueller."
70. "I do not care what [McGahn] said. It does not matter. It was to show everyone what good advice it was. "
Oh, it's important. Especially because, again, McGahn was under oath. What Trump is not in this interview.
71. "Because he wanted to pretend to be a good lawyer."
D & # 39; AGREEMENT. So, did McGahn lie under oath to pretend to be a good lawyer? The logic here is truly breathtaking.
72. "But Don McGahn thought he had done a great service, and maybe he even believes it, but it has never happened, and I have people who will tell you that it does not happen. is not produced. "
73. "A president can run the country, and that's what happened, George, I run the country and I manage it well."
That was Trump's answer to a simple question: "Can a president not obstruct justice?" I want to say…
74. "I answered a lot of questions, they asked me questions, and I wrote to them."
Trump refused to sit down with Mueller in person despite repeated attempts by the special advocate team to get there.
75. "They make societies that are so false, everything – I mean, almost everything, they make so much fakes."
"So much fake." – Donald Trump on the media
76. "I would say that he must have been aware, because everything went very high in the chain, but you will find out."
No problem here – just the current president accusing his predecessor of being aware of a plot led by the Justice Department to keep Trump out of the White House!
77. "No collusion, no obstruction."
78. "Someone who has really done a great job for the country."
Donald Trump on his legacy. This seems like a good place to (finally) finish.