Photo by Robyn Beck / AFP / Getty Images
It is expected that the results will be released Tuesday, before the start of normal negotiations.
The Home Depot stock (ticker: HD) has increased 12.1% this year and 2.8% over the last 12 months.
Here is an overview of Wall Street's expectations and recent history.
- The Home Depot had a difficult year in 201 and the equities started badly this year when Sherwin-Williams (SHW) profits raised concerns about the home improvement market, due in part to interest rate risks. and moderate growth. Indeed, the stock was sold when Home Depot released its fourth quarter results in February. Analysts were worried and an optimistic quarterback from rival Lowe's (LOW) added salt to the wound.
- Other analysts are worried that Lowe's will win, temporarily or not, on Home Depot, while its recovery is needed. Others have argued that home improvement stocks lacked catalysts before profits. (A liquidation of Sears Holdings, which could have helped Home Depot and others and seemed imminent at the beginning of the year, did not materialize.) At the end of last month, Home Depot announced that its director financial institution would retire.
- Nevertheless, Home Depot has increased its dividend and could take advantage of the increase in spending of the millennial generation.
- Over the past decade, Home Depot's share price has risen by 732%, compared to a 211% gain in
S & P 500
during the same period.
- Analysts expect the company to earn $ 2.19 per share on a $ 26.39 billion business figure. This compares to EPS of $ 2.25 on revenues of $ 26.49 billion in the previous quarter.
- Home Depot has long been beating consensus estimates and its results have exceeded expectations quarterly since the end of 2014.
- Only one analyst has a sales index or equivalent on Home Depot, while a third is on hold. Sixty-four percent have home purchase ratings on Home Depot, with an average price target of $ 206.29.
- Home Depot will hold a conference call at 9:00 am ET on Tuesday.
Write to Teresa Rivas at firstname.lastname@example.org