Trainers, Niantic has just announced a limited research event featuring Clamperl! This event seems to follow the same format as the former Limited Research Fee Fee Day event of January.
On 23 February (Europe, Middle East, Africa, Americas, India, Greenland) and 24 February 2019 (Asia-Pacific), players from around the world will be able to participate in a new form of limited field research for three hours. with a chance to meet a Clamperl for the first time in Pokémon GO! No word on a brilliant Clamperl yet!
Date of the event + time
- Europe, Middle East, Africa and India: February 23, 2019, from 10:00 to 13:00. UTC (GMT +0)
- The Americas and Greenland: 23 February 2019 from 11:00 to 14:00. PST (GMT -8)
- Asia-Pacific: February 24, 2019 from noon. at 15:00 JST (GMT +9)
- 2 × Catch Stardust for water-type Pokémon during the three-hour window.
- Water type Pokémon will appear more often in the wild during the event. (including, but not limited to, Krabby, Wailmer, etc.)
- Limited research tasks will be available when you create photo disks on PokéStops.
- By performing limited search tasks, you will get meetings with Clamperl.
Tips and tricks
Niantic's official announcement message clarifies some points:
- As long as you have collected the limited search during the event window, you can finish it at any time.
- Each PokéStop will give a limited search task in the field during an event.
- You can not revisit the same PokéStop to get more identical tasks.
We will list Clamperl Quests as soon as they are available. All Clamperl that you will encounter via Clamperl's Field Search will be Level 15 Pokémon, which means that they will be encountered in the following range:
|Pokémon||CP @ level 15|
|435 – 544|
Unfortunately, the field research meetings are not improved by the weather, which means that your Clamperl will always be at level 15. We suggest you keep them all and try your luck with Trading. Maybe the gods of relaunching statistics will be nice to you.
You can learn more about Clamperl, Huntail and Gorebyss on our database website: