"David Viverette and Raheem Horne were captured at Rocky Mount," the sheriff's office said in a statement.
"The Sheriff's Office and Twin County County Crime Stoppers are offering a $ 1,500 reward for any information that has led to the capture of the latest suspects." Call 252-459-1510. "
Escaping is expected to continue all night, said Nash County Sheriff Keith Stone at a press conference prior to the capture of the first two inmates.
The inmates escaped by firing on a fence in the exercise yard already weakened and on which they were working months ago, Stone said.
A camera monitoring the detainees was facing a different direction and Stone believes that the detainees found a blind spot in the yard to escape.
Inmates were identified as:
- David Ruffin Jr., charged with possession of heroin. Be held on bail of $ 10,000.
- David Viverette, accused of robbery and possession of a stolen vehicle. Be held on bail of more than $ 100,000. Last seen, he wore a white t-shirt and black shorts.
- Keonte Murphy, charged with assault by strangulation, other counts of assault for misdemeanor and armed robbery. Detained on bail of $ 30,000.
- Raheem Horne, charged with first degree robbery, larceny and numerous criminal charges. Detained on bail of $ 92,500. Last seen, he was wearing a green t-shirt and black shorts, according to the sheriff.
- Laquaris Battle, charged with possession of a stolen vehicle, simple assault and violation of the impact program in Nash County. No link. Last seen, he was wearing long white pants.
"We currently have a problem of manpower," said Stone. "Obviously, if we have the manpower, you can put some manpower into these pod systems where you actually have human eyes."
There is a $ 500 reward for each inmate. Stone said that he thought there was an outside accomplice in this incident.
Stone wants the public to know, "Lock your cars, lock your doors, and if you see something out of the way or if you see a strange person walking around, let us know immediately."
Nashville, the county seat, is about 45 miles east of Raleigh.