Home / United States / Tom Homan: The border tsar announced by Trump says that he does not take the post "for the moment"

Tom Homan: The border tsar announced by Trump says that he does not take the post "for the moment"



Obstacles to Trump's policy "Stay in Mexico"

The day after President Trump announced that Tom Homan, the former acting director of the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in the United States, was back in the administration as "border czar," said Homan .

In an interview with Fox News, Homan said that Mr. Trump's announcement was "premature". Mr Trump said that Homan would be the new tsar of the border in his own interview with Fox News on Friday morning.

"It will be a tsar from the border, he will be very involved in the border, he will report directly to me," said Trump.

Homan said that even though he did not accept the job, "the discussions will continue".

"I respect that president a lot and I will never say" never, "said Homan, adding that he would continue to raise awareness of the situation on the southern border." I do not know what role I will play but I Will always be involved. "

Homan resigned from his acting position at ICE last year after the Senate has not yet acted on his confirmation, which would have been a difficult battle given the opposition of some to his Radical views on immigration. Under Homan, ICE recorded a significant increase in the number of arrests of undocumented immigrants. Homan was also a vocal opponent of cities and "sanctuary" politics.

The possibility of an immigration czar had been under consideration for some time. CBS News had previously reported that the president was planning to appoint such an immigration czar to oversee the implementation of his intransigent immigration program.


Source link