Anthem is already live for those with early access, but its official launch for all players will take place later this week. It will be accompanied by an important one-day fix, intended to solve a wide range of problems on all platforms, as the mainstream launches into the BioWare shooter. These include dealing with some of the most common complaints of the past few days, such as loading times and problems with the assembled parties.
The release notes, as noted on Reddit, cite dozens of adjustments, but some are more important than others. "High level fixes" improve loading times, fix infinite loading bugs and other deadlocks, correct problem tracking, and show numbers for weapon and hardware modifiers. Other notable improvements are that the assembly party mechanic is working smarter and is opening the challenges to the appropriate levels. The notes then mention several modifications for Fortresses, crafts and other features.
For a few more days, Anthem is only available for those who have either EA Access on Xbox One or Origin Access on PC. Both offer 10 hours of full game access, while Origin Access Premier members already have unlimited access. These players dive into the game without the benefits of these improvements, so you can have a better overall experience in the meantime.
"I am currently treating Anthem's disparate missions as an excuse to try a new weapon or a special attack, which, combined with the flight, motivates me to continue," wrote critic Kallie Plagge in his first impressions. "I hope that I will be able to draw more from the story as I move forward, but until now, it's too generic for her attachments to take me."
As you wait for the release, you can prepare by reading the details of how to claim your pre-order and special edition bonuses once you have received your copy. Or just watch the short film of District 9 Director Neill Blomkamp. The first day's patch notes are below. Launch of the anthem for all on February 22nd.
Anthem Day One Release Notes
High level corrections
- Improved loading times
- Fixed many infinite loading screens
- Fixed several issues that did not follow correctly
- A number of issues that caused the disconnection or blocking of players have been resolved.
- Weapons and gear now have numbers for modifiers
General fixes and improvements
- Booty discovery and shipping summary are now correctly read in the end of shipment screen.
- The mechanic of the rally party was made lenient in a number of situations
- At the end of the expedition, players will no longer be stuck on "Record Victories" or "Jump All".
- The game no longer hangs in the Javelin menu when unlocking the second, third or fourth javelin
- During the "What do freelancers do" mission after killing Junkmaw and liberating arcanists, you can not progress anymore, this has been corrected
- Challenges are now unlocked for players at the appropriate levels
- Fixed some camera issues during cutscenes
- Legendary Contracts Can Now Be Accepted From Social Hub Contract
- The shield value of some enemies has been reduced
- The loot now falls correctly for the players who are slaughtered
- The quality of the texture on the Prospero NPC has been improved
- The last boss of the fortresses now leaves the loot instead of being displayed at the end of the expedition screen.
- Fixed delays on echoes and relics to avoid problems and manage disconnections properly
- Players can no longer fall through the ground during the 3rd try in the dawn fortress
- Finish the expedition of the tutorial will now show the good appearance of the Rangers
- After the disconnect, join an expedition will bring you back into a team if you were in a previous
- Fixed a problem preventing players from interacting in the launch pad in certain circumstances.
- Fixed a problem during the "bad business" of the mission, where outlaws did not breed, blocking progress
- The start screen of shipping has been improved
- Resolving various situations in which killing enemies does not advance world events.
- The opening of a trunk now increases the Legion's progress for all present team members
- Snipers can no longer shoot through Storm Shield
- Fixed a problem that was blocking players at the end of the shipping screen in certain situations
- Players will no longer be disconnected if they join the "Find old friends" mission during the course of the cutscene
- Resolution of a number of situations in which players may remain stuck on the environment in the launch pad
- Increased damage from the electrical state effect
- Fixed a problem where the dawn shield could be made with fewer materials than expected in certain situations
- The feat of the platinum mission now allows to finish as planned
- Status effects can be applied more reliably to Titans
- Fixed an issue that caused Stronghold server crash after the last boss's defeat
- Temple of Scar – Players can no longer get stuck in the mined tunnel of the Explosives Room
- Temple of Scar – A wall of fog can no longer prevent players from entering the explosives room
- Fix the Tyrant Mine so that people who join the current fortress do not stay locked away from their team
- Adjusted lighting in the underwater section of the Tyrant mine for easy navigation to the exit
- The Tyrant Swarm will no longer get stuck in the side entrances of the cave in certain situations
- Fixed an issue where players appeared in different areas of the Tyrant Mine in certain situations
Equipment and weapons
- After the first driver unlocks the sequel after the tutorials, create a new driver and go to the forge no longer causes the blocking of the loading screen
- Ice damage bonuses are now correctly applied on ice gear
- Registration bonuses from the entire costume now work properly
- Players can no longer retrieve the equipped items
- Javelin-specific weapons and / or weapons can no longer be used on javelins for which they are not intended
- Fixed an issue where, under certain circumstances, the Masterwork components do not have any registration.
- The Automatic Masterwork Automatic Endless Transmission displays no more 0% damage increase in its tooltip.
- The Colossus javelin can now activate his shield faster after using an ability or firing with a weapon.
- The javelin of the storm reacts now when his shields are raised.
- Fixed a feat that allowed the Storm's ultimate attack to be used more than once
- The Colossus javelin can both protect and revive
- Interceptor Combo Aura has been increased in power and now has a damage component over time
- Non-Masterwork materials purchased at the craft store now display their appropriate rarity instead of being incorrectly displayed as Masterwork.
- Additional improvements to mouse and keyboard control have been made
- Some conversations did not show reputation points after the end of the conversation, this issue has been resolved
- The team screen now displays the correct information for each player.
- Fixed a number of issues preventing captions from getting stuck on the screen after the dialogue ended
- Settings should not be reset when you exit and restart the game on Xbox One
- Motion blur can now be disabled properly
- The electrical status effect now correctly shows the damage
- An option has been added to hide the HUD from the group members.
- The edge of the compass will flash to indicate the location of the enemies
- A notification has been added to Fort Tarsis if a player's safe is up to 250 items.
- At the "Repair Rider" step of "A Call for Help", the search radar has been set to properly direct the player to the 4 tools.
- Primer and detonator icons have been added to all Interceptor gears
- Fixed a UI problem in which the ultimate value of a player was indicated as available when it was unavailable.