An idea to check?
In a viral message on Facebook, a Texas states that he chose to spend his days in a Holiday Inn, as opposed to a retirement home.
"No retirement home for us. We will check into a Holiday Inn! To date, the Post has received more than 90,000 reactions and more than 121,000 actions.
With her senior discount, free breakfast, and free appetizer offer, Robison calculates that staying in the hotel chain would cost her $ 59.23 a night as opposed to her other cost calculation From $ 188 / day to an average retirement home, this is clearly a robbery. "That leaves $ 128.77 a day for lunch and dinner in all the restaurants we want, or for room service, laundry, tips and special TV movies," said Robison.
Robison points out that most facilities offer free amenities such as toothpaste, razor and shampoo, as well as "$ 5 tips a day and all staff struggle to help you."
According to Mr. Robison, the major strength of this pension plan is that "you are not stuck in a place forever, you can move from Inn to Inn, or even from city to city".
Facebook users have been more than encouraging in the comments section of this article. "I agree with you.The hotel will wash sheets and towels for you too.In some assisted living areas, you must wash everything," wrote a user.
Plus, Robison says that if an older person such as himself falls down and breaks his hip, Holiday Inn would make you move to a suite for the rest of your life.
Another user claims that Robison is not the first to have this idea. "I like the way you think! BTW – I've already met an old lady who lived in a Hampton Inn. She was rather happy.
We think Terry's mobile retirement plan is so great that we have selected several retirement destinations for Holiday Inn that match his budget of $ 188 / night.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Panama City Beach – Beachfront, we found prices from $ 174.80 / night. Although Panama City may be crowded with tourists during spring break, its expansive beach and natural beauty are certainly inviting, especially for retirees who have flocked to the area in recent years.
- Holiday Inn Knoxville Downtown, we found prices from US $ 119 / night. A study conducted in 2017 revealed that Knoxville was the first place to retire early among US cities!
- Holiday Inn: NYC – Lower East Side, we found prices from $ 162.45 / night. If you are a New Yorker in the spirit (and you are not open to the idea of a complete repositioning), the eclectic energy of the Lower East Side will certainly keep you on your guard and this property will not will not ruin.
- Holiday Inn Harborview – Port Washington, we have found prices from US $ 86 / night.
- Holiday Inn Express & Suites Gulf Shores, we found prices from $ 84.55 / night. Beautiful quiet beaches with perfect sand. What can you ask for from a place of retirement? Cost of living cheap? Completed!
- Holiday Inn Express Boise Downtown, we found prices from US $ 93 / night. According to Cheat Sheet, Boise is the 10th safest city in America, and the third "best managed," according to WalletHub.
If Terry feels adventurous and plans to take his retirement plans to the international, he could try these quaint towns such as Holiday Inns: London (the Holiday Inn Kingston South starts at $ 74 / night), Nice (the Holiday Inn in this French town starts at $ 97 / night), or in Malta (yes, there is even a Holiday Inn on this beautiful island and it starts at $ 58 / night).