Why leftover rice could give you food poisoning



[ad_1]

Photo: aopsan (iStock)
Today I learnedToday, I learned is a feature where the authors of Takeout share something that they have learned today.

For someone who writes often about grocery reminders and food poisoning, I'm pretty lax about leftovers. If we neglected a pot of food on the stove after dinner, I can dive impatiently in the morning for my first breakfast. But today, I learned that if this leftover dish contains rice, I put myself even more in danger of food poisoning, because of a specific bacterial strain of rice.

According to KHON2 in Honolulu, the British agency "The National Health Service says that eating the rest of rice can cause food poisoning … because uncooked rice often contains spores of Bacillus cereus, a bacteria likely to cause food poisoning. " This strain can even survive Once the rice is cooked, "the longer you forget that rice heated to room temperature, the more bacteria grow and can produce toxins that make you sick."

Good to know! Experts insist that you should put this rice in the hour to prevent bacteria from multiplying and throw it within 24 hours. Also, it was not part of the article, but I should clean my kitchen completely before going to bed, I know.

[ad_2]
Source link