Apple today releases the third public beta for iOS 12.2 after the developer beta yesterday. The public beta of iOS 12.2 includes the latest Animoji characters – shark, owl, giraffe and warthog options – before their official release.
iOS 12.2 beta also includes changes to the AirPlay icon in the Control Center as well as the '5G E' of AT & T in some markets, on some iPhone and iPad. iOS 12.2 also introduces a variety of other changes and features, as in the previous beta:
- New Screen Mirroring icon in the Control Center
- New full-screen interface Apple TV Remote Control Center
- New "Speakers and TVs" in the settings of the personal application
- More detailed Apple Wallet user interface for recent transactions
- Button details updated in the UI of the wallet card
- Tap a transaction for more details
- The details of the map include rows of inlaid rectangles
- Motion & Orientation Data is the new Safari toggle in the iOS settings.
- Reading the air quality index in the maps
- Safari warns against websites that do not support HTTPS
- Fill out a search suggestion without submitting a search
- Apple News in Canada
- Keyboard color selector
- Safari Online Music Play
- Search results for full song of album name in the Music app
Check out our hands-on video with the first beta version of iOS Developer 12.2 below:
Beta 3 also introduced these changes:
- The About screen in the Settings application now displays the device model name
- Lock screen now displays the date correctly again
- The text of the Apple News header has changed from "APPLE NEWS" to "" News ".
- Remote mosaic redesigned for Home TV and Apple TVs
- Music videos are no longer automatically played in full screen
- Find interests in other apps for today during Apple sessions
- Buttons updated in the details of the Wallet app
If you are not a developer and you still want to test the preliminary version of iOS, you can join Apple's free public beta program at beta.apple.com. A public beta version of tvOS 12.2 is also expected today. The public beta version of macOS 10.14.4 was updated yesterday.