Mortal Kombat 11 is one of the next big games to come out and is expected to be released soon, with its launch scheduled for April 23 on PlayStation 4, Xbox One, PC and Nintendo Switch. Game Informer met the creator of the series, Ed Boon, and asked him 166 quick response questions about gambling and franchising in general, as well as about other stupid and unrelated topics.
This is an excellent interview and you should watch it here, but here are some tips to remember from Boon:
- There will be 25 characters on the list at launch.
- There will be "30-ish" characters globally; presumably the rest is DLC.
- There is no Quicktime event in the story.
- No cross play at launch; "We are certainly not against the idea."
- Mortal Kombat X is sold to nearly 11 million copies; it's the best selling game of Boon.
- There are several purposes in history.
- The best restaurant in Chicago is the Pizzeria Due.
- A script exists for the upcoming Mortal Kombat movie, and Boon said that he would veto the idea if it was not good enough.
- The Nintendo Switch version will work at 60 frames per second.
- He had a conversation with Marvel to create a Marvel fighting game or a Marvel vs. Marvel fighting game. DC.
- Neo's The Matrix was almost in Injustice 2; he will not be in Mortal Kombat 11.
- The Mona Lisa is the greatest work of art.
- He really enjoyed Dragon Ball FighterZ.
- There will be no loot boxes in Mortal Kombat 11.
- He wants to make a new IP address; an online game that never stops. "Something that makes you nervous not to play the game too long," he says.
The most recent confirmed character for Mortal Kombat 11 is Cetrion, who is an elder god connected to the Earth. You can find out more about her in the GameSpot cover here.
GameSpot went recently practical with the Switch version at PAX East 2019, and although this is a noticeable visual degradation, we found that the game worked perfectly on the Nintendo console. You can read more about the title in our Mortal Kombat Pre-Order Guide 11.