PC cases catch fire, responsible company eventually apologizes



[ad_1]

There have been complaints for a few months now that one of the products from PC case company NZXT has been catch fire. This week, the company finally apologized and removed the case from its store.

The issues were with their H1 case, which is basically a very large Xbox Series X type box. OC3D report, “It appears that the screws on the H1 PCIe riser card are causing a short circuit, causing sparks, smoke, and burns on the H1 PCIe riser card.”

An owner managed to film the current short circuit, with the flames that followed.

After initially failing to fix the issue when it was first reported last year, and then coming up with a half-ass fix that involved replacing some metal screws with nylon screws, NZXT eventually – mostly thanks to increasing pressure from PC hardware sites – issued a statement on their company site and took more concrete steps to address it.

This statement reads (emphasis added):

To our community,

We are sorry.

Nylon screws were not the complete solution to the H1 fire hazard; they haven’t addressed the root cause of the problem. We did not consider scenarios where someone might replace nylon screws with metal screws without knowing it. Our execution did not live up to the quality our community expects from us.

We will remove the H1 from NZXT Shop and NZXT BLD. We will send redesigned PCIe Gen3 mount assemblies for the current H1s and we will help with the installation for those who need it..

Going forward, we are implementing more robust and in-depth design processes. From initial designs, QA, to further testing, we are committed to the quality of our products and our response to your concerns.

We would like to thank Steve from Gamers Nexus. He and his team brought to our attention the issue of replacing nylon screws with metal screws and raised the urgency surrounding it.

[ad_2]
Source link