Following the release of a new Windows 10 19H1 release for Fast Ring Insiders earlier today, Microsoft has released a new patch for Windows 10 version 1809. This is version 17763.348 (KB4482887), which is a Another optional update that does not send to users who are looking for updates in Windows Update.
– Jen Gentleman ? (@JenMsft) March 1, 2019
Despite its optional status, this new cumulative update comes with a very long changelog, with bug fixes for Action Center, Microsoft Edge, Remote Desktop sessions, and more. You can consult the complete list below:
- Enables "Retpoline" for Windows on some devices, which may improve the performance of Spectrum Variant 2 mitigation solutions (CVE-2017-5715). For more information, check out our blog post, "Mitigate Spectrum Variant 2 with Retpoline on Windows."
- Fixes a problem that may cause the Maintenance Center to suddenly appear on the wrong side of the screen before displaying on the right side.
- Resolves an issue that may not save some of the content that is embedded in a PDF file in Microsoft Edge. This happens if you have cleared ink quickly after the start of the ink session and then added ink.
- Resolves an issue that displays the "Unknown" media type in Server Manager for Storage Class Memory (SCM) disks.
- Fixes Remote Desktop Access Problem with Hyper-V Server 2019
- Fixes a problem that causes the new BranchCache publication to take up more space than expected.
- Resolves a performance issue when establishing a Remote Desktop connection from a Remote Desktop Web Client to Windows Server 2019.
- Resolves a reliability issue that may cause the screen to stay dark after leaving sleep mode if you close the lid of a laptop while disconnecting it from the docking station.
- Fixes a problem resulting in the failure of the file overwriting of a shared folder due to an access error denied. This problem occurs when a filter driver is installed.
- Enables support for device roles for some Bluetooth radios.
- Resolves an issue that may cause PDF print to fail during a remote desktop session. This problem occurs when trying to save the file and redirecting drives from the client system.
- Resolves a reliability issue that may cause the main screen of the notebook to flash when resuming sleep. This problem occurs if the laptop is connected to an indirect display docking station.
- Resolves an issue that displays a black screen and causes a remote desktop session response to stop when using certain VPN connections.
- Updates the time zone information for Chile.
- Resolves an issue that does not correctly register USB cameras for Windows Hello after OOBE configuration.
- Resolves an issue that prevents the Microsoft Enhanced Point and Print Compatibility Driver from installing on Windows 7 clients.
- Resolves an issue that causes the Termservice service to stop when Remote Desktop is configured to use a hardware encoder for advanced video encoding (AVC).
- Resolves an issue that locks a user account when you move applications on a shared platform using App-V.
- Improves the reliability of the EU-VAppmonitor.
- Resolves an issue that prevents App-V applications from starting and generates a 0xc0000225 error in the log. Set the following DWORD to customize the maximum time that the driver waits for a volume to be available: "HKLM Software Microsoft AppV MAV Configuration MaxAttachWaitTimeInMilliseconds".
- Resolves a problem with the Windows compatibility assessment of the compatibility state of the Windows ecosystem to ensure compatibility of applications and devices for all updates to Windows.
- Resolves an issue that may prevent some applications from displaying the Help (F1) window correctly.
- Fixes a problem that causes desktop and taskbar flickering on Windows Server 2019 Terminal Server after using the user profile disk configuration.
- Fixes a problem that can not update a user hive when you publish an optional package in a connection group after the previous release of the connection group.
- Improves the performance of non-case-sensitive string comparison features, such as _stricmp () in Universal C Runtime.
- Resolves a compatibility issue when analyzing and reading certain MP4 content.
- Resolves an issue with the Internet Explorer proxy setting and the OOBE configuration (ready-to-use configuration). The initial connection stops responding after Sysprep.
- Resolves an issue in which the desktop lock screen image set by a Group Policy will not be updated if the image is older or has the same name as the current one. previous picture.
- Resolves an issue in which the desktop wallpaper image set by Group Policy will not be updated if the image has the same name as the previous image.
- Fixes a problem that prevents the TabTip.exe touch keyboard from working under certain conditions. This problem occurs when you use the keyboard in a kiosk scenario after you override the default shell.
- Fixes a problem that could cause the opening of the new Miracast login banner after closing a connection.
- Resolves an issue that could cause virtual disks to disconnect when upgrading from a 2-node S2D (Storage Space Direct) cluster from Windows Server 2016 to Windows Server 2019.
- Resolves an issue that does not recognize the first character of the Japanese name Era as an abbreviation and may cause problems analyzing the date.
- Fixes a problem that could prevent Internet Explorer from loading images with a backslash () in their relative source path.
- Resolves an issue that could cause random shutdown of applications using a Microsoft Jet database with the Microsoft Access 95 file format.
- Fixes a problem in Windows Server 2019 that causes delays in input and output delays during a SMART Data query using Get-StorageReliabilityCounter ().
As all Windows 10 updates are now cumulative, users who do not download this update will get all of these fixes with the "Tuesday Hotfix", which should be released on Tuesday, April 12th. In the meantime, report to us if any problems after installation of this new version.
Additional Reads: Cumulative Updates, Windows 10, Windows 10, October 2018 Update