Home / Entertainment / Woodstock organizers plan to continue after victory in state supreme court

Woodstock organizers plan to continue after victory in state supreme court



NEW YORK, NY (WBNG) – The organizers of the Woodstock 50th Anniversary Celebration at Watkins Glen are celebrating the passing of a judge of the state Supreme Court who has asked them to grant an order of no -communication against the company that involved him in the event.

The order, filed Wednesday before the New York State Supreme Court, provides for a restrictive order against Dentsu Aegis Network and Amplifi Live, a motion filed by Woodstock 50. It prohibits Dentsu Aegis Network and Amplifi Live to communicate with the media, artists and the festival, on the festival, vendors or local officials.

Dentsu Aegis Network has withdrawn its role in the preparations for the Woodstock 50 celebration scheduled for Aug. 16-18 at Watkins Glen International.

Dentsu announced on April 29 that Woodstock 50 had been canceled, but festival organizer Michael Lang said the company did not have the right to announce the cancellation to the media and local officials. Lang also went so far as to say that Dentsu was in contact with the artists who were to perform at the festival to persuade them to also withdraw from their performances.

In his order, Justice Barry Ostrager granted Woodstock's 50 application for a no-contact order, but not Woodstock's request that Dentsu return approximately $ 18 million of allegedly misappropriated funds.

In a statement to 12 News, Michael Lang, organizer of Woodstock 50, said, "We have always relied on the truth and have never lost hope that the festival would take place. I want to thank all the talents and their representatives for their patience and support. Woodstock 50 will be an incredible and inspiring festival experience. "

Dentsu Aegis Network and Amplifi Live did not immediately respond to our request for comment.


Source link